Planning your week ? How do you do it

Chandan Maruthi
12 replies
I spend the first hour on Monday or late Sunday evening to plan the week ahead. I write down what I need to get done by the end of that week. This has helped me stay focused as an entreprenuer with always a hair on fire job. What are your tips, how do you plan your week.

Replies

Chris Ashby
I like to set broad goals for the week based on numbers, and then time block each day for individual activities, leaving space in between for client work. I keep it pretty simple so as to not 'over plan'. It can be easy to get lost in time management tools and spend half the time just figuring out what you even wanted to do in the first place!
Chris Ashby
@janinah Thanks! Really glad you like it, it's gone through a lot of iterations
Janinah
@chrisashby Hi Chris bit off topic, but just wanted to say - Love your branding & website!
Matthew Johnson
🚨 Shameless plug 🚨 W e have a weekly planning feature in Taskable and so, like you, I spend Monday planning out everything I want to get done throughout the week in there. Then each morning I spend a couple of minutes recalibrating and looking at anything new that has come in since I did my planning to decide if it's a high enough priority to get it into my week, or if it can wait until the following week. Anything I don't get done rolls over to the top of the next day.
Chandan Maruthi
@mattcrail That is cool Matt, I sort of fall in the middle tier of people that can plan the week at the most. But just that is quite a huge improvement when i do it
Misha Krunic
Hi, Chandran! I mostly get organizational stuff done during the weekend, and it usually takes me an hour or two, depending on how many tasks will I be able to get done by myself and for how many will I have to see when other people are available. Also, I always take into consideration my long-term goals, which are either monthly, quarterly, bi-annual or annual. That means weekly planning is only a part of a larger plan! Cheers!
Chandan Maruthi
I learned a new concept of themed days, Say Mon for reviewing startup metrics, Tue/Wed for customer reach-out, Thu for investors, Friday for updates. I have not tried it yet but it does seem interesting
Janinah
@chandan_maruthi1 I do themes as well. Themed days e.g Thursday = Slack/Community/product. Themed months e.g. September = Branding / Business Plan & Website. I even do themed quarters e.g. Q3 = Health Q4 = Finances. I then plan my goals for the week based on the theme for the month and/or quarter
Benoit Chambon
I plan it every Friday (end of the afternoon), because I found that planning it on Monday = waste of time for your working day, Sunday night = don't enjoy the very last minutes of your weekend... Anyway, I cut my days with 1h/1h30 tasks. And I plan all of them for every day of the upcoming week, regarding what I achieved or couldn't do during the current week.
Ambika Mukherjee
Its almost weekend and you are asking for week planning .
Selena Tass
Hey there! Do you only plan your "work" week ahead? or its personal stuff as well?
Pavel Kukhnavets
The main goal of weekly planning is to make you proactive. Rather than waiting for the week to come before you start figuring out what to do, you can visualize all your ideas and plans ahead of time. Schedule upcoming work weeks for just yourself, for your team, or for certain projects. For these aim, you can use a Gantt chart, a Kanban board, to-do lists, tables, advanced calendars, prioritization matrices, time management apps, and ther solutions. There is a good article that will help you to get more useful details on the subject - 12 Tips to Create an Actionable Weekly Work Plan https://blog.ganttpro.com/en/how...