Pitch your startup idea here, let people (and me) start following your project

Zied Hamdi
11 replies
I'll start by pitching my own project: WeAlly is a place where people can meet when they encounter an issue with a company. The issue can be as wide as complaining about the cost of repairing a Tesla tire, and as tight as proposing an improvement idea to a local business. Usually, you don't know who else in the world had an issue with the product or service he purchased. The idea is to allow customers to declare themselves by "joining" a request towards a business, and to mark the request as solved when it is. We will be able to see stats about how businesses are treating their customers in real time. Let me know your thoughts, please. I'm launching soon.

Replies

Gleb Braverman
Hey Zied! Awesome idea! I am Gleb (http://twitter.com/glebbraverman), CEO and founder at Gossip (http://thegossip.app/download) **What’s Gossip?** - Gossip allows users to create and share voice stories that expire every 7 days. Because who want’s to listen to the old stuff? - Team of 4 amazing people, fully remote - We are at 500 MAU and growing, last month we had over 10,000 unique gossip plays!
Zied Hamdi
@gleb_braverman Hi Gleb I'm happy things are doing well for Gossip, the idea of having the stories fade in a week is cool: "you can't have more than a week-old news on Gossip". My question is : can a voice story reach a high play score in a week? And if one starts to be viral, does it die anyway? (this can be frustrating for the author) I think my question will seem basic to you, since there are other platforms that deal very well with volatile content.
Misha Krunic
Hi, Zied, great discussion idea! Here's mine for botmenot.com Are you facing one of the following problems? - Competitors are taking content from your website? - Competitors are constantly monitoring your prices? - Does bot traffic overload your server? - Bots trying to add fake user content to your website? - You’re investing in it, but not sure if your anti-bot protection actually works? BotMeNot is a bot protection score service that will run several tests on your Website to check your anti-bot protection and tell you how protected your website is from bots. - Our bot tests will help you understand if your website is protected or not. - So you can go to your IT and give them a clear score, including the evidence of scraped content. - Or so you can compare how effective your protection is, compared to your competitors. - Sounds interesting? We’re looking for Beta users! Yours look very interesting, I must say!
Zied Hamdi
@price2spy I'm happy you like the idea of the post and of WeAlly Misha :-) What a great idea you had too, still yesterday we were talking with a friend who co-launched a SAAS startup where they preferred to have a physical server only because costs are predictable (even if typically higher): he couldn't afford to pay the bill for a bot attack on AWS. You are absolutely right to think about this issue, there are evolved anti-spam algorithms for emails all around, but it seems we have nothing effective to protect our servers from bots. I'll start following you right now to get updated with your advancement :-)
Oleksandr Zaitsev
PokemonGO-like social app - “point, click & message” 🙂
Zied Hamdi
@a_zaitsev Hi Oleksandr, That was a short pitch! I think you need to say two things for a successful pitch: - what it does/solves? - what is unique about it? Wish you the best in your adventure.
Oleksandr Zaitsev
@zhamdi yeah, we are saving people time by showing digital information instantly based on what they see in the real world. XSight is unique by showing Augmented Reality holograms on top of dynamic content. You can check our recent release here on producthunt, there are more details
Vivan Puri
Hey Zied, Cool idea. Not sure if an intended application, but applying it to property markets could also be interesting - as right now in India we informally discuss issues on fragmented WhatsApp groups. A bit about what I am doing: 
I am the founder of Crater (http://joincrater.club/) / https://www.linkedin.com/in/viva... A platform where creators & mentors can go live to share their expertise, build communities & monetize by auctioning their tokens. Thereby, helping mentors & creators with discovery & monetization. While giving their followers access to their live content, the ability to meet like minds & the option to buy exclusive access to the creators/mentors time for 1:1, AMA etc by purchasing their tokens. We initially launched a networking platform - going through a slight pivot & relaunching soon.
Zied Hamdi
@vivan_puri1 Hi Vivan, Thanks for your feedback about WeAlly, is there a list of the whatsapp groups that discuss issues? That would be a great bootstrap strategy to create content when I will launch. I pretty like your idea, and it's a wise decision to be often on productHunt since entrepreneurs need to create content to promote their startups. There's maybe a service you can offer to make entrepreneurs discover/choose the right creator/community manager for their startup. I get your pitch, but I think I went confused when you started talking about tokens. The message would have been clearer for me if you only talked about why it is easier to find a creator than on the web/social media and end up saying you can do one on one interviews with your favorite creators (without digging into payment details) This is my humble feedback, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying what I noticed :-). Hope it finds you well I used the 5 seconds test to check if people understand what WeAlly does, I'm recommending that to everyone since then (here's an example of a website that provides it: https://fivesecondtest.com/ ) Wish you the best for your pivot.