PH launch tracker - should I open-source it?

Nishith from True Sparrow
12 replies
We have built this little public PH launch tracker to share our PH launch data (visitors, countries, browsers, etc.) with the community: https://thursday.social/conversa... We have been using it for Thursday's launches (including today's launch), and a few of you have asked if we are planning to open-source it. Well, here's the thing... if there are enough people really wanting it - I will gladly work towards open-sourcing the source code next month. Just let me know by commenting here.

Replies

Aditya Raj Singh
Hey PH community πŸ‘‹, I am a developer at Thursday. I have contributed to the making of the PH Tracker page as well as other fun mixers within the app. As a developer, the greatest joy for me is to see people use and love the product I helped build. The tracker page is built using Gatsby Js and we are fetching the data from Amplitude APIs for showing visitors details. For the data related to our mixers, we are running a background job that queries the DB and updates the tracker data at regular intervals. So it is all near real-time data. If you have any feedback or suggestions, we’re all ears. And I’ll be happy to answer any technical questions you may have. Thanks!
Lidia Vijga
This would make the ProductHunt launch so much smoother!!! Love it!
Nishith from True Sparrow
@londonvi Thanks, Lidia! It totally makes it a lot smoother to track our numbers. And plus, it being public, helps other makers in the community.
gaurav arora
Definitely :) Would love to access it πŸš€
Pratyush Rungta
LFG. Open source itπŸš€
Christian C
awesome! would be great
Brittany Joiner {Britt the Builder}
Yeah this would actually be kinda cool! Would be helpful to show at least some performance metrics and the ROI associated with launching on PH.
Devanand Premkumar
Nice initiative Nishith. Open source is always a positive way forward. As highlighted, it does not just help others, this can be collectively built by other folks who have similar interests and we already have enough such friendly folks in here. Looking forward to seeing you release this soon :)
Goutham
This is such a useful tool. Would love to see it open sourced, Nishith :)