🐱‍💻 People who want "hybrid work" - What do you mean by this?

Vio Vanica
16 replies

Replies

Raziye Damla Ataoğlu
I think it is some kind of "I came to office when I feel like" which I can see this could be future working style. Flexible office spaces which is smaller and cheaper than past
Alex Goff
@raziye_damla_ataoglu This hits it! 9-5 is a really unusual selection and really does block everything! I feel many people assume that "when I feel like" means rarely working, but work is a major output of what we do and when people are engaged they work out of joy!
Vio Vanica
@raziye_damla_ataoglu I see myself in this kind of working style as well
Jack Davis
The flexibility of being able to go to the office so you can interact with other humans when you want. And also being able to be at home so you do not have to commute and you can where lounge clothes!
Vio Vanica
@jack_davis7 how do you see this benefiting the employer?
Jack Davis
@viorica_vanica They might be able to save money on rent potentially? But also having happy employees is important!
Lakshmi
To me 'hybrid work' means combing two skill domains like content creation and SaaS user testing or design and coding or sales and design etc. A high contrast between skill domains is encouraged. Of course, I love 'hybrid workspaces' where I can rock up when there is a need and choose to work from home otherwise.
Allison Braund-Harris
To me, hybrid work is working some days in an office and some at home.
Vio Vanica
@hardlyallison how many days at home and how many at the office?
Allison Braund-Harris
@viorica_vanica I think that the exact amount of days doesn't matter— but I would assume 3 in the office and 2 at home, or vice versa.
Vio Vanica
@hardlyallison and what do you think that actually matters, the freedom that you can choose when to stay at home and when to go to the office?
Miguel Bordoy
Hybrid work is a mixture of Remote and In-office work. Depending on the company and its resources there could be different models. One in which you go to the office whenever you feel like, some companies feel this is hard to organize. Other companies set specific days to show up at the office depending on your department. And some other set specific days for the whole company, but this, in my opinion, can be a waste of office space. Research shows people, in general, are more satisfied when companies set specific days to come to the office, but still give them the choice to come or not. If you are thinking of implementing Hybrid in your company, here is a cool guide with tips and examples of how other companies did so - https://nailted.com/blog/the-pra...
Vio Vanica
@miguelbordoy super valuable guide, thank you 🙏