Own business or Grow in an organisation?

Shalin Doshi
26 replies
Starting your own business unleashes a super trait that’s otherwise rarely found: the ability to mind your own business. What's your take?

Replies

Launching soon!
All sides have equal supporters when it comes to the job vs. business debate, but in today's society, entrepreneurship has triumphed over employment.
Shalin Doshi
@qudsia_ali Do you think that's because investors have started to pour money like water into the start-up ecosystem? If you read today's news in India over 1000 employees have been laid off from various start-ups, why? because of crazy valuation and in order to achieve more, entrepreneurship agreed but at what cost? The main question where is the profit?
Luka Vasic
A bit of a hard question. I think starting your own business is something everyone should strive for, but growing in an organization is a great way to learn how a business works, all the ins, and outs, get connections, and maybe even find a team that can help you. All of it can just help you when you decide to start your business.
Shalin Doshi
@luka_vasic what would be your first pick?
Luka Vasic
@shalin_doshi Well I'm currently in an organization soo that haha. But I am thinking of starting my own business in a few years.
Shalin Doshi
@luka_vasic hahah, that's nice. What your skill set like?
Shalin Doshi
@luka_vasic planning to start your own things sometime soon?
Luka Vasic
@shalin_doshi Marketing(mostly growth and content), sales, management and a bit of web dev
Paul VanZandt
Personally, I never aspired to own my own business, but doing so has taught me so many important lessons. I also think growing within an organization is a great way to get experience and knowledge about what you want in the future. It's really up to the individual.
Shalin Doshi
@paul_vanzandt that’s true, but if you had a choice what would it be? Because a lot of people can’t work for anyone
Shalin Doshi
@paul_vanzandt Were you working before anywhere before starting fresco?
Paul VanZandt
@shalin_doshi Mainly working service jobs in Covid just to get by - when I started Fresco I had recently graduated from college and was looking for something new!
Paul VanZandt
@shalin_doshi Fresco is an online whiteboard provider that allows people to collaborate in real-time. You should check out our website if you want to learn more: frescopad.com
NotesbyHugh
I rate both avenues! There are aspects and skills that you can only find in each domain. If you find yourself lucky enough to be in a position where you can juggle both working in an org and juggling a side project then I consider that to be winning!
Shalin Doshi
@hugh_dawkins if you had to choose one, what would it be? Because looking at the current markets and investor pouring money like rain, everyone wants to start a startup.
Shalin Doshi
@hugh_dawkins But, is it the right time to start a start-up looking at the current market scenario? With companies laying of 100's of employees in one go.
NotesbyHugh
@shalin_doshi organisation to start with. Startup once you've built capability.
James Salli
For me my own business is a chance to work for myself, a way to self-development and perfection. Working for a company or corporation will only give you career development. But your own business will be able to give you a way where you can set your own boundaries. Plus there are now cool projects https://scand.com/industries/ene... which can help you develop and bring you to a high level. So my choice is self-development and own business!)
Shalin Doshi
@james_salli Are you currently working for yourself or a company?
Amanda Trincher
I think both options can be great solutions. Business is not for everyone and it is a very risky environment, but with great promise of freedom and opportunity. Everything depends on you. I started a small advertising display business with a company in China - https://weacrylic.com/acrylic-di... so far so good
Jessica Hamilton
Starting your own business is a thrilling opportunity, as it unlocks the potential to be successful and work towards something you are passionate about. It also requires great responsibility and hard work, but ultimately unleashes an incredible trait: the ability to take control of your destiny and mind your own business. Plus, you can outsource some tasks you're not good at. With today's technology, outsourcing tasks like web design or marketing can make it easier to focus on running the business without getting bogged down in details. Finding quality experts with the right skillset can ensure your output meets the highest standards and complies with all rules. Speaking about tech, there are many software outsourcing companies offer robust solutions with trusted expertise in science and technology as well as management and strategy skills. They allow you to fulfill your goals with effective excellence and legal support. Having access to worldwide experts who are free to help you better manage the growth of your business gives you the competitive advantage needed to unlock value and potentially create a fortune.