Our experience launching a SaaS product on BetaList?

Imtiyaz - Curatora.io
12 replies
Recently we have submitted Curatora.io - A content curation and social media publishing platform to BetaList and here are the results after the 1st week. We submitted the product under the free plan on 30th Aug 2021 and got it accepted on 6th Sep 2021 (within 7 days). However, they mentioned that it will take about a month for the product to be listed on the site. But instead of waiting for a month, we went for the paid expedited submission. Which also guaranteed inclusion in the newsletter. Curatora.io was featured on BetaList on Tuesday at 10:23 AM PST on 14th Sep 2021. There were 6 other products featured along with us on the same day. Though we had the maker comment and highest number of likes within a few hours we did not make it to the Trending section. Now here are the results we got from our BetaList launch? Website Traffic: Total 191 New users We’ve got only 3 users landing on our website on the first day. But we started getting more traffic on the 2nd day as we got included in the BetaList Digest on 15th Sep. We received 103 users in the first 48 hours of the launch. Signups: We got a total of 23 free trial signups. Discovery & Demo Calls: We managed to schedule 2 calls from interested users. Even though the traffic was not so impressive, we noticed that the quality of traffic was good. Most of the people who created an account actually completed our onboarding process. Do share your thoughts and experience launching on BetaList with us.

Replies

Alex Hammond
Signed up and waited the 30 days for the free post for imagefactory.io - early days but so far a small but engaged number of enquires from it. No harm I guess!
Solomon Bush
Thanks for the good info. I actually just listed LogHarvestor with Beta List last night. I didn't pay for it so I am guessing that it's going to take the full 30 days to be listed. But its really nice to know that the quality of the leads generated from BetaList has a high conversion rate. How did you do with ProductHunt in comparison to betaList? And, are there any other listing sites that you would recommend?
Imtiyaz - Curatora.io
@solomon_bush Glad it helps you. We are now preparing for PH launch and I'm already working a list of few SaaS directories to submit. I will definitely share my experience with other listing sites. Would love your support for Curatora.io when we are live on PH.
Solomon Bush
@imtiyaz922 yeah for sure! I definitely will. It’s smart that you are carefully planning your launch. I wish I had done that, I spent like 6 months building LogHarvestor but only 10 min on listing it with Product Hunt. The results weren’t that great lol.
Cica-Laure Mbappé
Thanks for sharing your experience. Keypup 2.0 also launched on BetaList, we did not chose the paid option but we had a good traffic acquisition. Eager to see your results on PH soon!
David J. Kim
Sounds like it was worth your time! I've heard of BetaList but haven't really checked it out before. Think your post has convinced me it's worthwhile to do so.
Abderisak
Salam Mohammed. Thanks for sharing your experience, it was an interesting read :D
Hey thanks for sharing - started me down a whole new path of other places to think about additionally promoting our product other the PH....
Marko Balažic
Thanks, that is a very good insight ✌️