Open source app for getting cryptocurrencies data

Pavan
7 replies
https://github.com/milkywaybrain/cryptogalaxy Hey, this is Pavan. I created Cryptogalaxy, an open source app written in Go, which will get any cryptocurrencies ticker and trade data in real time from multiple exchanges and then saves it in multiple storage systems. Currently supported exchanges : FTX, Coinbase Pro, Binance, Bitfinex, HBTC. Currently supported storages : Terminal Output, MySQL, Elasticsearch. Market data plays an important role while making trading decisions and if we get the data from multiple exchanges, then really it is a gold mine. In the cryptocurrency world, almost all the exchanges make data available free. But there are a few problems, like, every exchange has its own structure of data, need to connect via websocket to get the data in real time which by the way adds more complexity by having to handle ping / pong requests, random disconnection etc. Then if you are going for a service which aggregates all exchanges data for you, in most of the cases it is not free and in some cases, it is restricted by no. of requests you can make. Also, these services are just an API and you need to write code for storing these values to different storage systems by yourself. Cryptogalaxy app avoids all the above said difficulties. You just need to create a MySQL or Elasticsearch instance and give credentials to the app. Then the app fills the data along with displaying it in the terminal. Details of all the other features, configuration options, installation guide and architecture of the app can be seen in GitHub repo. As this is a new project i need your feedback, please help. Thanks.

Replies

Dori Granty
This a great app. I observed that there you can buy a lot of interesting cryptocurrencies, but I haven't seen there the new Chinese cryptocurrency. I found it a week ago, and I can say that it is pretty profitable to buy this crypto for several reasons. The only reason that made me buy it, is that it is approved by the government and this is the only cryptocurrency approved by the Chinese government. Thye wants to make crypto transactions popular in China, so I think that in near future this cryptocurrency will cost a lot, so it is not risky to invest in it. ____________________ https://yuanpaygroup.com
Nazim @Koinju
hello @milkywaybrain , that look awesome, we're currently on a kind of same product koinju.io :-)
Pavan
@nazim_m Thanks. Your product looks way too good and professional. I wish all the success to koinju.io.
Nazim @Koinju
@milkywaybrain Maybe we can work together ?