No-code, low-code, or code?

Zoltán Szőgyényi
19 replies
When I want to try and build a quick MVP, I like to use no-code and low-code. However, if the idea is already validated and I want to take it to the next level, I usually go full code with my projects. How about you?

Replies

Harsh Makadia
I too prefer the same approach, If I'm sure about what I'm building will work or not I use no-code and low-code to save time. However once the picture is clear code. Here a thread I had written to differentiate no-code, low-code and code https://twitter.com/MakadiaHarsh...
Csaba Kissi
I'm using code always. Why? Because I love to code!
Olu
Hmmm my entrepreneur hat on 🤠 No code to prove that people want your product Code to make sure your product scales once you have PM-Fit My dev hat on 🤠 Low code to prove that people want your product Code to make sure your product scales once you have PM-Fit
Abderisak
@oluadedeji Well said, I like how you put on different hats as well :D
Abderisak
Exactly @zolidev, low-code and no-code to do a quick MVP and see if there's any interest at all. If yes --> start coding. If no--> discard project or find a different angle.
Subhendu
Depending upon what you building. For example, I just built an opensource analytics tool https://analytics.cool.bio Not sure if it was possible with no code.
Kevin
Like you and others already mentioned, it really depends on the use-case or the desired outcome. I try to keep systems (in this case no- or low-code) in place as long as they do what they are expected to do. When there's a need for more customizations I'll replace them with "code"-alternatives.
Edouard PETIT
To build my new startup, 1) we started with no code (airtable+zapier) → one feature 2) we continue with bootstrap theme (low code) → First MVP 3) now - after 1yr - we hired our cto and then we are moving into code. Good luck Zoltan!
Alexey Shashkov
Hey Zoltán, why don't you go full code on the MVP stage too? Is it too long? And what no-code/low-code tools do you use for building the quick MVP?
Avi Gupta
It really depends. Like in my case, I don't code, so no code/ low code are the go to options for me. But, building an MVP using no code/ low code and going full code once the idea gets validated makes sense!
Deepak Yadav
Product matters at the end of the day. Each product has certain technical requirements and constrains relating to security, structure and other aspects. Based on these requirements product manager align product with companies goal and roadmap. After that code, low code or no code can be selected. It hardly matters if it fits in the puzzle. However , No code is a very good alternative to coding when it comes to building simple digital products quickly that can go in used hands as soon as possible for the MVP stage. Final verdict: Smart people and PM knows when to code, low code or no code. 😉
Edward G
I prefer no code for proof of concept testing. I love coding but I love being efficient with my time even more :)
Eugene Hauptmann
I like to follow design thinking philosophy. For early stage feedback I'd create low-fidelity mockups using Figma or XD. Once idea is validated, I'd get a high-fidelity mockup done to confirm what users needs. Then I'd pick technology needed to execute the product (usually languages I like + particular APIs + stack), it can be no-code, or code or hybrid. Bottom line: your tech stack depends on your product and your level of comfort with the tech.
David Rodgers
Code when you can. If not - u don't really have a choice, right?
Anton Ross
First, it is better to check the idea
Eivind Håverstad
I find no-code great for validation and MVPs - maybe get the first customers — transition to code for perfection and performance.
Alexander Moen
I used to be all code, but as more and more tools and languages come out, I find myself in a mixture. It just depends on what is being built and what is needed and where my current skills are and what the learning curve looks like.
Dalibor Houfek
Our goal is to provide low-code with flexibility of classical development so you can easily continue extending your MVP to real product, without need to start again from scratch.
Raj @ Vault Vision
Great way to build an MVP and validate a product market fit is with no code tools!