No Code for Marketers – Here’s How It Can Be Useful

Lisa Dziuba
94 replies
No code tools for marketing + its benefits. Long-read πŸ‘‡ I’ve been working in the marketing space since 2012, leading a design & development startup and then SDK marketing for $54M in funding US company. Since that time I have used various tools to speed up my work. Today, while leading all the marketing for WeLoveNoCode (https://welovenocode.com/), a marketplace to hire no-code developers, I became very familiar with the no-code space, using no-code tools almost daily. While I knew about no code and used it before, especially in product development (https://www.producthunt.com/stor...), I never thought it could be powerful for marketing. πŸ€” So how can no-code tools boost our marketing performance? In marketing, we need to work fast and deliver results: users, traction, MoM growth, and constant testing of new marketing channels. Therefore, marketing functions should have cross-functional support from designers, front-end developers, back-end developers, and automation experts to move so fast. πŸ˜€ If that support is not there, marketing teams can use no-code tools (yes, marketing can learn those tools). With these tools, people with little or no programming skills can build products/apps/automation easily and quickly. The main benefits for the marketing team from using no-code are: πŸ‘Œ Speed of releasing new marketing initiatives. At WeLoveNoCode, we have several Tilda temples for marketing pages, and the marketing team can easily edit, improve and launch them almost instantly. πŸ‘Œ Ability to automate processes in marketing. Marketers can also take advantage of no-code by building integration between various systems, having robust reports and workflows. πŸ‘Œ Ability to keep tracking of marketing activities and spending with no-code tools. We track all marketing OKRs, projects, initiatives, paid and content campaigns, all that in Airtable. Go-To-Market planning with having all activities in one Airtable/Coda makes everyone perfectly aligned. If you add integration to Slack with changes updates, you will have almost a smooth flow. πŸ‘Œ Ability to organize marketing researches and knowledge base simple and fast. Tools like Coda, Notion, or Airtable are perfect for competitive research, database projects, and keeping all internal knowledge synchronized and organized. πŸ‘Œ Simplicity of user research. With no code tools running simple surveys and analyzing them becomes super simple. Furthermore, tools like Typeform can be integrated everywhere in several clicks. πŸ‘‡ Let's talk about several no-code tools for marketing, which marketing teams can start using right now: πŸš€ Tilda, Carrd, and Webflow β€” can be used for creating high-converting landing pages to inform and guide customers. All of the tools have simple interfaces and a rich built-in UX. You can also create pages fast to test hypotheses from available templates done by your team or bought from the templates marketplaces. πŸš€ Typeform and Google Form β€” can be used in creating questionnaires, UX research, feedback gathering systems, and all ways of getting customer data for further marketing segmentation. πŸš€ Zapier β€” can be used to integrate two or more apps and automate workflows. For example, when you collect a new lead, it can be automatically synced to a CRM and sent a personalized message. πŸš€ Airtable β€” can be used for campaign management, content, social media planner, product launches, lead management, and even hiring. πŸš€ Coda β€” can be used for organizing information and learnings, which I can share with the community. πŸš€ Notion β€” can be used as a knowledge database, kanban board, project briefs. πŸš€ Miro and Mural β€” can be used to design user journeys, empathy maps, personas. Update, more tools to check: Siter.io TallyForm Sembly Personal I plan to make an ebook book πŸ“š on how marketers can use no code with step-by-step guides for every part of the marketing process. If that is something interesting for you, let me know in the comments.

Replies

Nik Shevchenko
P.S.: If you want to learn more about the no-code movement and understand how to build your idea, marketing automation, or MVP you can book a free consultation call with no-code experts from my team: https://welovenocode.com/freenoc...
Klein Udumaga
Solid stuff! I had lots of fun using Miro. Simple to navigate and easy to use. Please could you share a real-life example of any no-code-built product? I'm interested in the ebook, by the way.
Lisa Dziuba
@klein_udumaga sure, you can think about such popular companies: - Lambda School - Comet - Makerpad - Plato
Lisa Dziuba
@klein_udumaga would you like to learn about more companies?
Andrian Valeanu
Addition to landing page creation is https://siter.io/
Andrian Valeanu
@lisadziuba Siter.io is a free-hand tool with direct deploy to live website, like figma + sketch editor.
Lisa Dziuba
@andrianv haven't worked with it but will check. 99% of the time I work with Tilda now
Lisa Dziuba
@andrianv I will add it to the post now πŸ™Œ
Andrii Kpyto
Nice collection! You can add here a πŸš€ Sembly Personal β€” as well, can be used for record&transcript marketing team online meetings, coming with notes, bookmarks, sharing etc.
Lisa Dziuba
@kpyto can it integrate with Zoom?
Andrii Kpyto
@lisadziuba yes, Zoom, Google Meet (only Google Workspace versions for now), MS Teams (business), and more exotic Cisco Webex The next big release coming soon, but Sembly Personal is here, and it is free to use!
Lisa Dziuba
@kpyto I will add it to the post now πŸ™Œ
Daniel Gorenko
Hmm helpful. What are the best NoCode tools to automate emails?
Nik Shevchenko
@danyagorenko the tool which don't get your emails in spam πŸ˜‚
Lisa Dziuba
@danyagorenko I would say SendInBlue and SendGrid. Using Mailchimp now but not a fan of it πŸ˜€
Darya Gerasimova
Thanks Liza for making this cool stuff, I think that marketing world can be better by using all of these tools <3
MARINA S
I used several of above mentioned tools, it really works. Thank you for sharing!
Nik Shevchenko
My top no-code tools: Airtbale Adalo Tilda Wix WordPress Webflow Zapier
Zholdasbek Temirgaliyev
Personally, I like Typeform. I've integrated them successfully with other nocode tools in some of my projects.
Lisa Dziuba
@zholdasbek Typeform is cool, indeed
Alexander Diatlov
Looking forward to read the ebook πŸ˜€
Nik Shevchenko
@adiatlov you can enjoy our Marketing for Startups ebook: https://welovenocode.com/marketi...
Lisa Dziuba
@adiatlov @kodjima33 you will know when it will be live :)
Artem Stepanov
As someone who came to NoCode from marketing, I completely agree with the article. NoCode is great for testing different concepts as well as creating a quick MVP for users.
Lisa Dziuba
@stepart no code is awesome, especially for the MVP creation
Joyce Kettering
Great list of tools and benefits πŸ‘Œ I'd add Copy.ai for copywriging and TexAu or PhantomBuster for automation.
Lisa Dziuba
@joycekettering PhantomBuster is awesome :)
Lisa Dziuba
@joycekettering I'm actually using it right now!
Gary Tokman
Are there any no-code tools for easily a/b testing a website?
Joe Cardillo
@f6ary It's somewhat overlooked, but I leverage Shopify and landing page apps (often, PageFly) to A/B.
Lisa Dziuba
@f6ary have you tried Google Optimize? Not actually no-code but standart for the a/b testing πŸ€”
Gary Tokman
@lisadziuba I started using abtesting.ai and am pretty happy with it. Required basically no code!
Valia Havryliuk
Notion and Coda are my best friends, and I really can't imagine my workflow without them)) We use Coda in our company as a source of truth, where we collect all the data about features, researches, quarter plans, etc. And for personal planning and notes, I use Notion.
Joe Cardillo
@valia_havryliuk Thank you for this! Regular Notion user, but haven't tried Coda before, going to check it out.
Joe Cardillo
Love the resources. Mentioned in another comment, but Shopify and some of the landing page apps that sit on top of it (e.g. PageFly) are highly underrated IMHO. I'm moderately competent at writing Liquid (Shopify's open source language built on Ruby) but for the most part I don't have to use it because the no code apps in their ecosystem are powerful and easy to test out.
Joe Cardillo
Voiceflow is another great one, v. useful for marketers in creating voice & chatbot conversation flows https://www.voiceflow.com/
Lisa Dziuba
@joecardillo Thanks for sharing! voiceflow is very interesting but I didn't have a chance to use it yet.
Atul Ghorpade
Hi Lisa. This is very informative. Would like to read your ebook on No-Code.
Lisa Dziuba
@atulghorpade thanks πŸ™ I will definitely share it πŸ‘©β€πŸ’»
Lisa Dziuba
@atulghorpade btw, if you have questions you'd love to be covered, please share with me :)
Bookmarked to have a proper read through later!
Lisa Dziuba
@maxwellcdavis awesome πŸ‘ Hope, you will like it!