🔥 New Tech Stack in 2022

David Gregorian
12 replies
Hi everyone 👋 Which tech stack are you planning to use this year? Right now, we are using Firebase Realtime DB with Cloud Functions, React, and React-Native for our $36K MRR SaaS Aplano. But I definitely want to try out Supabase, PlanetScale, GraphQL, and Svelte in the upcoming months for some new ideas. Always switching to the latest tech, just because it is new, is not a good idea... But I want to stay open-minded and try out new frameworks at least to not stay behind. - David

Replies

Eudald Camprubi
In my opinion for the front-end part, 2022 will be the year of NextJS. For more back-end and low level programming, Rust will grow a lot.
David Gregorian
@eudald_camprubi I totally agree! The "simpler" backend parts will be abstracted away I believe. NodeJS will still be the backbone of all of that. But for low level and high efficiency stuff Rust will grow
Ben Haynes
Hey David — will check out Alpano for sure! Just throwing out Directus as a data option to add to your list. It functions similar to Supabase (and can actually use Supabase as the store) but includes a no-code app and other admin features as well. Like a CMS for any database!
David Gregorian
@benhaynes Hi Ben, thanks for sharing! Directus looks pretty slick. I will definitely give it a try :) You started working on it long time before Supabase, right?
Ben Haynes
@david_gregorian Absolutely. Supabase was founded in 2020 and our product was created in 2004. We have a lot of product iteration under our belt!
Ste
Solid stack 💪 I'm eager to try out Supabase as well. I've heard a lot of good things about Svelte, but would rather focus on in-depth Next JS instead. Also Remix, which I think I could have a lot of fun with.
David Gregorian
@stelian_dobrescu1 Thank you Steph :) I am also running a small local job board based on NextJS + Vercel + Firebase. And I must say, I really love the combination of NextJS+Vercel. High quality CI/CD out of the box and the static site rendering / server side rendering capabilities of NextJS are awesome.
Akash Hamirwasia
I like trying new technologies but some technologies that I think will be in my stack for quite some time include React(with Next.js), TailwindCSS, Firebase Auth, and serverless functions. Still trying database options, Hasura is extremely good if you are into GraphQL and want to convert your database to a nice GraphQL API. Apart from that, I find Postgres + Prisma ORM very interesting too!
David Gregorian
@akashhamirwasia Nice stack. Totally agree with with the other DB options :)
Erdinc
we moved from next.js to remix (https://remix.run/) we are happy so far.
David Gregorian
@rdnckky I've heard of it a few times. It looks pretty slick. Do you know any big SaaS built on Remix?