My launch flopped. How can I do better next time?

Hashim
5 replies
Hey y'all. Last night I took a big L with my PH launch. I'm not too worried about it, because I just see failure as a way to learn and improve for next time. But I'm curious, is there anything you think I did wrong or could have done better for my launch? Here's a link to the PH launch: https://www.producthunt.com/post... I'll go first: - Probably should have made a better video. One with words in it instead of just pointless animations. - Faster landing page loading speed. - Should have built an audience prior to launch, and asked them to support on launch day. - Maybe I should have removed signup and made it openly accessible (at least for launch day) Anything else?

Replies

Bertha Kgokong
Your website looks amazing, better than a lot that I have seen launch on PH. From what I have seen, and after my own previous launch here on PH - what I can recommend that you do next time is: Warm up PH months ahead of launch, engage with other people's products and websites. Talk to people outside of PH, join indie communities ---- not just because you want them to support you, but you will learn a LOT from other founders. Founders are constantly talking about their own launches, what worked - what did not, so I compile a mental note, of everything I come across. If you do nothing else, do this
Hashim
@berthakgokong Thank you for the thoughtful response, I appreciate it. Only recently am I learning the power of community & network building. I will be sure to take your advice and put more focus towards it. It's something I for sure lacked on this time around. Thanks again!
Firstly congrats on the launch - you've already made it further than most including myself! On the video....yes add some words - even better you and your voice. Make it easy to show what the product is and does - I found it hard to see with the floating balls going around. I'd also work on your descriptions and copywriting. I'm not really sure what the product does. But again congrats on the launch!
Hashim
@maxwellcdavis copywriting! yes! Must admit it was a bit of a rushed job and I'll definitely do better next time around. Thanks for your input, I truly appreciate it.
Alina Ihnatiuk
Analyze mistakes, revise the design, warm up the audience before launching...