Managing your time ⏰

Piotr Pawłowski
24 replies
We're in the middle of the week and I come with a small question about your time management skills - do you feel you can keep up with your daily workload, or are you constantly short of time? Do you have any tips on how to effectively cope with your daily issues?

Replies

soylakate
I'm using TMetric to capture my time, and what I like the most is that the app shows my monthly balance - the number of hours I have to work a day, also it logs time on each task I'm busy with, and I can use this info to plan and optimize my workload. With its help, I feel focused and don't lose time.
Piotr Pawłowski
@soylakate Agreed, keeping up with time you spend on a task is important - I feel like then you can plan it better and therefore improve! And out of curiosity - are you using some other tools to manage your workload?
soylakate
@piotr_pawlowski Sure. I also use JIRA where I keep my project and create monthly sprints with tasks. It's also helpful and saves a lot of time.
Urszula Ostrowska
Usually on Mondays, I write down all tasks for the week and set my priorities using The Eisenhower Matrix. It helps me plan my week and focus on my most important tasks!
Piotr Pawłowski
@ula_ostrowska it sounds like a great way to start off your week!
Żaneta Siwik
If I don't make a plan for the upcoming day, I'm constantly short of time. But if I set top 3 priorities - everything seems to go smooth.
Piotr Pawłowski
@zaneta_siwik that's a smart idea! Thanks for sharing :) And can you tell how you prioritize your tasks?
Żaneta Siwik
@alex_roman_fbee I check my whole to-do list and decide which tasks are the most urgent or most important for the upcoming days. And then, technically, I use tools that let me set color-coded priorities.
Joshua J. N.
Time seems like a blocker on a lot of things for me during this week. I’ve tried to cope up by planning at night for the next upcoming day but still other tasks add up and I get blocked!
Piotr Pawłowski
@joshijo77 You've raised an important issue here! And have you ever tried any tools that will help manage your daily tasks? Or some kind of time management methods?
Joshua J. N.
@piotr_pawlowski I’ve tried tools that help with distraction such as SupaHuman for emails. Also, not to mention I usually use the Eisenhower Matrix during my typical day with the most important things done between 4am-8am. If you have any additional tools you think would help, please share! I’d really appreciate it.
Piotr Pawłowski
@joshijo77 Wow, we've got an early bird here! 😉 First of all it seems like time is a stress factor for you, maybe that's why you are blocking yourself so much. In my opinion you should rationalize it and after calculating proper time for each task, start doing it without thinking about deadlines or other tasks. Regarding additional tools - in my company we use our own system, Firmbee - it works well and helps to manage all projects. Maybe you should check it out as well!
Tuğçe Içözü
The most productive work tool for me has always been to-do lists. In these to-do lists, I define a time slot for each task. I try to complete the tasks within the time interval I set. In this method, it is helpful to add these tasks & time slots to the calendar.
Piotr Pawłowski
@tugce_icozu That is a great way! It sounds like time boxing methos, it works for me as well :)
Ira GI
I constantly do not have enough time and I do not know what to do with it ... I already sleep for 4 hours and still not enough
Piotr Pawłowski
@ira_gi and have you tried any tools that help you manage your time and workload? Another thing - if you're not resting properly, you won't be as effective as you would be rested!
Lusine Mkhitaryan
Writing on a note and following my task guide )))
Lusine Mkhitaryan
@piotr_pawlowski for me always works, I've tried so many online tools nothing works better than simple note.
Farokh Shahabi
I highly recommend this book and the method: Deep Work https://www.goodreads.com/book/s... Focus on priority is the key. If everything is a priority, nothing is.
Piotr Pawłowski
@farokh_shahabi thanks for sharing, that might be helpful!
Yogi Paturu
I prioritize and accept that everything can't possibly get done
Troy (Mitch) Mitchell
Managing your time effectively can help you to feel in control of your workload, increase your productivity and improve your confidence. As a result, you'll feel less inclined to procrastinate.