Makers, what's the hardest part of what you're building that everyone else assumes is easy?

Stuart Winchester
6 replies
From the outside it's easy to assume that some features or experiences were as simple to build as they are for users to enjoy. But in reality, there are tricky technical problems or complicated industry questions that most people don't see. What do you wish people knew?

Replies

Monil Shah
Role switching! You are your own engineering/sales/customer service/marketing department! At least for the first few iterations of the product, as a maker, it's so critical to switch roles on a daily basis.
Monil Shah
@stuartwinchester haha tell me about it. My experience so far has made me question everything about the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none". Just checked out Marble- looks pretty cool! Here's us BTW -> https://www.bluegreenanalytics.c...
Stuart Winchester
@monil_shah2 I feel this DEEPLY. Jumping between intercom, teaching myself figma (very badly), and googling half-remembered excel formula lol
Sam Twist
This might not be something that everyone thinks is necessarily "easy" but the App Store Review has been giving us some hoops to jump through 😂
Stuart Winchester
@samtwist That's interesting! Could you elaborate? I'm pretty naive about app store stuff