Makers, what do you do in your down-time?

Rucha Joshi
19 replies
For a lot of us here creating new things is a source of joy. However many of us do seek a break to recharge or even zoom out. How do you catch a break?

Replies

Misha Krunic
I usually like to take long walks, but since the weather doesn't allow for that I'm resorting to reading and spending time with my family.
Francesco Pellizzari
Reading is always a good choice for me. I take one day or two to relax with background music and some good reading. Works like a charm!
Rucha Joshi
@notionfre Comfy chair, a well lit corner and a good book 😊 🙌 What are you reading right now?
Francesco Pellizzari
@rucha_joshi8 "Show your work!" by Austin Kleon and the old "Bushido" by Inazo Itobe, although the latter is a bit too difficult for me 😅 And you?
Rucha Joshi
@notionfre I'll be sure to check those out. I am reading Anxious People by Fredrik Backman right now. It is so heart-warming!
Spend time with the family, or if I'm not doing that some gaming :)
Rucha Joshi
@maxwellcdavis What sort of games do you enjoy playing?
Dafni Chontou
- Reading is my favorite way to start my day - Walks during the day always help to refresh the mind - I love to play the piano to recharge and get some nonscreen time :) How about you, Rucha?
Rucha Joshi
@dafnihnd I love to read, could do it all day long. I generally unwind with fiction books and naps :)
Stephany Dionysio
maybe you are looking for a fancier answer than this one but I LOVE to have a really nice night of sleep :-)
Rucha Joshi
@stzdio nope, these are the exact kind of answers I was looking for - realistic and true. I LOVE naps. They really do help me recharge and think better. Some sundays I just sleep all day
Stephany Dionysio
@rucha_joshi8 huge fan of Sundays naps here !
Daniel Leal
What is downtime? How do you eat it?
Daniel Leal
@rucha_joshi8 In my case I love exploring new things so I am riding my bike or learning something new or going out with my wife and with friends. Above everything I love the moment I hit my pillow and talk to my wife about the day and about life in general.
Rucha Joshi
@daniel_leal When you are not working and trying to relax.
Jessie
Meditate, working out, and spending time with family helps recharge.
Jessie
@rucha_joshi8 yess it helps a lot in performing better and being more centered in daily life when making decisions and all that entails :)
Rucha Joshi
@jessie_m hmm, yes. I wish I was able to build a regular practice of meditation and exercise.