Makers, what do you do in your down-time?

Rucha Joshi
19 replies
For a lot of us here creating new things is a source of joy. However many of us do seek a break to recharge or even zoom out. How do you catch a break?

Replies

Jessie
Meditate, working out, and spending time with family helps recharge.
Rucha Joshi
@jessie_m hmm, yes. I wish I was able to build a regular practice of meditation and exercise.
Jessie
@rucha_joshi8 yess it helps a lot in performing better and being more centered in daily life when making decisions and all that entails :)
Francesco Pellizzari
Reading is always a good choice for me. I take one day or two to relax with background music and some good reading. Works like a charm!
Rucha Joshi
@notionfre Comfy chair, a well lit corner and a good book 😊 🙌 What are you reading right now?
Francesco Pellizzari
@rucha_joshi8 "Show your work!" by Austin Kleon and the old "Bushido" by Inazo Itobe, although the latter is a bit too difficult for me 😅 And you?
Rucha Joshi
@notionfre I'll be sure to check those out. I am reading Anxious People by Fredrik Backman right now. It is so heart-warming!
Misha Krunic
I usually like to take long walks, but since the weather doesn't allow for that I'm resorting to reading and spending time with my family.
Spend time with the family, or if I'm not doing that some gaming :)
Rucha Joshi
@maxwellcdavis What sort of games do you enjoy playing?
Dafni Chontou
- Reading is my favorite way to start my day - Walks during the day always help to refresh the mind - I love to play the piano to recharge and get some nonscreen time :) How about you, Rucha?
Rucha Joshi
@dafnihnd I love to read, could do it all day long. I generally unwind with fiction books and naps :)
Stephany Dionysio
maybe you are looking for a fancier answer than this one but I LOVE to have a really nice night of sleep :-)
Rucha Joshi
@stzdio nope, these are the exact kind of answers I was looking for - realistic and true. I LOVE naps. They really do help me recharge and think better. Some sundays I just sleep all day
Stephany Dionysio
@rucha_joshi8 huge fan of Sundays naps here !
Daniel Leal
What is downtime? How do you eat it?
Daniel Leal
@rucha_joshi8 In my case I love exploring new things so I am riding my bike or learning something new or going out with my wife and with friends. Above everything I love the moment I hit my pillow and talk to my wife about the day and about life in general.
Rucha Joshi
@daniel_leal When you are not working and trying to relax.