Makers, how do you choose which ideas to work upon?

Shubham Dhawan
5 replies
As product and business nerds, we have tens, probably hundreds of ideas all the time. Many of us maintain an idea journal or something like that. How do you choose which one of these super amazing ideas will you work upon next?

Replies

Gleb Braverman
I have a list of ideas that come to my mind, then sometimes I add info to that list and items in the list. Usually I just go with my feelings - if I am excited about it, I start digging deeper!
Ruben Wolff
Don't know if I'm answering the question by saying this, but if you have too many ideas, write them all down and try to see if you can connect some of them in a bigger project. Analyze them to see which of them are more likely to positively impact your ROI, and engage with your community to see if they'd prefer to see idea A or B being brought to life
David J. Kim
Depends on what you want to do with your ideas. If they're side projects, I usually keep a list whenever I come up with any and visit them. But if you're trying to build a company off an idea, you have to find real problems to solve that's 10x better than the alternative. This video is a great starting point: