LinkedIn's new 30 second video profile

Alex Papageorge
7 replies
Has anyone tried creating their video, replacing their profile picture? LinkedIn seems to have made a conscious effort to be more of "social media" recently. Personally, I've liked the changes. But this change, might be my favorite. So much of LinkedIn is focused on the job search, or finding candidates. Images and pictures don't really share anything about anyone. A video however, is very hard to fake and offers a snapshot of one's personality. Which at the day should help the recruitment / networking process.

Replies

Jason Cavness
I saw this on someone's profile right before I came here. I think this is a great idea.
Alex Papageorge
@jasoncavness agreed. great idea, why not? Videos tell much more than pics
piyal paul
no. i didn't do that. does it actully work?
Alex Papageorge
@piyal_paul1 works just fine. seems some people have the capability, others don't. Are you able to? I'm able to. I thought it was rolled out to everyone but not sure anymore ha
Fritz Brumder
Is this rolled out to everyone yet? I am only seeing a photo or frames option for my profile photo 🤷‍♂️
Alex Papageorge
@fritzly I think you're right. I asked a buddy and he had trouble too. Not easily uncovered on the web either, but guess not...
Jason Cavness
I am seeing this option mobile but not on the website.