Keeping in touch with friends, and meeting new people

Tanya Desai
6 replies
Hello, curious to know how y'all kept in touch with friends and family over the pandemic, if you did any activities etc together? Additionally, would like to know how you meet new people and find events around you? What have your experiences with stuff like this been so far?

Replies

Hey there, Yeah I kept in touch over Zoom mostly but also social media (everyone was going through the same things). With close friends and family (and even colleagues!) we played Jackbox games over drinks, just caught up socially. I personally got into online gaming a bit more and ended up streaming too - met a load of new people that way, completely different from what I'd call my normal group of friends. I'm now meeting a whole load of new people through PH/IH as I get ready for my launch too! I've enjoyed using this discussion area, Twitter, and Telegram to chat with those people.
Tanya Desai
@maxwellcdavis oof thanks a lot for this response! it's amazing that you got into gaming - did you stream on Twitch or Discord? as far as Telegram goes, are there PH/IH/creator folks' groups there too? and finally, have you started moving towards meeting offline once again, where you're from?
@tanya_desai I was always into gaming it's my mental health break. I stream on Twitch very casually! I've only found a few local (Singaporean) Telegram groups but it does seem to be a thing - I guess partly because PH doesn't have a IM chat function yet. I also know there are some Discord groups too - I haven't got into those because I'm still getting up to speed with PH and IH!
Rachel Levitz
Its challenging! Trying to do phone calls rather than just texts or social media. And regarding meeting new people.... what's that again?
Tanya Desai
@rachel_levitz haha! what are your biggest pain points with social media?
Rachel Levitz
@tanya_desai umm its existence? Lol, not such a fan of social media or talking on the phone - so I opt out for the phone most of the time