It's Monday! Let's start the week productive and focused! Share your rituals with us.

Kazimieras Melaika
16 replies
The start of the week is probably the most important. You plan your whole week, you are well rested after the weekend, therefore, the first days of the week are usually the most productive. Let us know - how do you start your week to keep yourself in the best shape? Btw, we’re launching in late May or the beginning of June. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.

Replies

Betty Withrow
It starts with a walk. I have my desk ready to go when I come back from my walk first thing in the morning as the dawn is rising. My simple system lets me ease right into the flow. I have a clipboard for my hand writing ritual before starting to communicate with others, and clipped to it is an index card that has my goal on one side and on the other, a list of the people I need to be aware of in the coming week. Appointments, followups, etc. I check my calendar and away we go!
Kazimieras Melaika
@betty_withrow Sounds nice! A simple active start early in the morning increases our concentration, focus, and energy levels. The right working environment is also a must - it definitely puts you in the working mode without distractions. Btw, a nice one with index cards, goals, and people! Btw, we’re launching in late May or the beginning of June. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Paul VanZandt
I try to list out everything I can think of and create personal deadlines throughout the week to keep me on track. I also like to add in one or two things that I can look forward to during the week so everything isn't just work related.
Kazimieras Melaika
@paul_vanzandt Sounds productive and focused! Getting ready for the week Sunday evening or Monday morning is a must not to get lost with your tasks and stay productive! Gratitude for something you're waiting for that week also gives you a purpose for the week too! Stay strong and let's do this!
Paul VanZandt
@kmelaika Loving the positive energy - I hope you have a great week!
Kazimieras Melaika
Btw, guys, we’re launching in late May or the beginning of June. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Dylan Merideth
A workout, weekly planning, founder meeting to confirm priorities, the back into the rhythm, What about you?
Kazimieras Melaika
@dylan_merideth Mine is pretty much the same. We confirm our tasks on Monday (even though we have already planned them before) and start working. To keep energized, I do a Sunday evening workout and Monday evening workout too (usually go running or cycling). A to-do list is a must for the week! So pretty similar to yours I guess.
Ezzat Suhaime
“My name is Patrick Bateman. I’m 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.“ (American Psycho)
Kazimieras Melaika
@ezzat It's always important to take care of yourself first!
Iya Mendoza
I love the ideas.. keep them coming! haha
Firmao
On Monday it's best to set a plan for the whole week, it helps like nothing else!
Kazimieras Melaika
@firmao_net It's easier when you know what to do indeed!
Jha
I hate meetings. but they're important. so i have two meetings with my core team on monday and saturday. these are Gameplan meetings - where we share what we hope to achieve that week reflection meetings - did we achieve it? what did we learn that week? other than that daily stand up (20 min) with my tech lead and async/ impromptu meetings w/ design and growth counterparts. i use YC SUS dashboard to send an update every week to key stakeholders based on these meetings so that everyone knows what's up and that we're held accountable.
Kazimieras Melaika
@shivam_jha3 Hmm, sounds like a tough schedule you have! Do you have one day-off a week (on Sunday)? We're limitted our meetings and don't have daily stand ups anymore and I think we're doing better!
Jha
@kmelaika yeaah.... learning how to do more focused work. i like to plan ahead on sundays and for the team, everyone works when they like, which doesn't include weekends. :D we cancel a bunch of stand ups and also cut them short many time, while also extending them many times. it's necessary because we need to bridge tech w/ biz. but i could be wrong... i'd love to figure out how to get "meetings zero" one day hahah