Is no-code just a buzzword?

Nik Shevchenko
83 replies
Yesterday I read a lengthy discussion on YC HackerHews that no-code is just "a buzzword". So here are my two cents 👇 1) No Code is BIG. Gartner estimates that "by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity". So no-code is something we should take very seriously because as a trend and as an industry it will only grow. The capabilities for product development are huge, while no code & low code tools will only improve in functions. For example, I founder a no-code startup, called WeLoveNoCode (https://welovenocode.com/) which helps startup founders hire no-code developers and build products 10x faster. We got $1M funding, grow to $150K MRR, and made 2000+ projects. It's not a joke, this market is huge! 2) No code is USEFUL No-code is the art of creating solutions (native apps, websites, web apps), which could have been written with code but instead using visual methods (without coding). Most no-code tools use a visual drag-and-drop interface. In addition, a lot of them have pre-built templates that you can customize. There is also a slight difference between "low-code" and "no-code." With "low-code," you can do many things with a drag-and-drop interface; however, some coding is required for a finished product. So you ANYWAY need some background in coding. Low-code is typically great for people with intermediate technical skills. No code is a new way of building products, very different products. It's not magic. What can be built with no-code? * Mobile apps, * web apps, * websites, * workflow * automation, * marketing tools, * payment systems and the list goes on. Basically, "typical" products & MVPs benefit the most from no code. So the founder can build something in weeks, really fast. For example, WeLoveNoCode connects founders with the best no-code developers to create their software and apps without a single line of code in like ten days. You can do all of these on a monthly subscription plan. 2.) No code has proven its place already and it has A LOT of the advantages: * will save you money * you can build and test your ideas quickly * anyone can use it > Designers, product managers, marketing managers now can make their ideas tangible products. Just like a new thing, tools have to be learned, and they all have their learning curves. However, it will take you much less time and resources to learn how to use no-code tools. Unlike low-code tools, no-code tools have a limit to how much you can customize them. So if you want to change every aspect of your product or build very complex products, no-code tools may bring some limitations. However, there's so much innovation and growth with these tools, so I expect fewer barriers in a few months.

Replies

Artem Khudenko
No-code is very fast and efficient, so definitely its great. I think no-code tools can help any buisness or start-up on any level.
Nik Shevchenko
So is No-code just a buzzword? 🔥 No, it's not. It is, in fact, the future of software development. Many people just get it wrong. Your thoughts?
Kausambi Manjita
@kodjima33 Nocode is totally about access to all.. when people started using pen and paper to write, it made "literacy" real. I think it's exactly that for tech, isn't it?
@kodjima33 I remember about 10 years ago companies were reluctant to use cloud applications, worried that they are not as good as in-house services... I feel the same is happening with no-code... Startups and individuals ride the waves but bigger companies still need to catch up. And they will, once they realize all the benefits no-code has to offer (which translates to SAVING BIG BUCKS 💰 compared to developing everything from scratch)
Nik Shevchenko
@johnnyfekete > Startups and individuals ride the waves but bigger companies still need to catch up. Agree on this No code will become mainstream very soon.
MARINA S
I love no code - it is fast and modern (especially Airtable + Mailchimp)
Darya Gerasimova
I'm totally in love with no-code opportunities. This is a real development future!!!
Klein Udumaga
I agree with you, Nik. I have a friend who is currently building a marketplace for freelance writers. I couldn’t believe it was built with a no-code tool. The interface is sharp and the user experience is very intuitive. Great stuff!
Nik Shevchenko
@klein_udumaga Awesome! What no-code tools did they use?
Родион Чобану
I'm no code developer. This is an industry where you can endlessly develop yourself as the no-code platforms are growing at a crazy pace.
Nik Shevchenko
@new_user_2165ae8171049 Sharp! Like I always say, there are no limitations with no-code development, for both the tools and the developers.
Alexandr Vario
I think you're right. There's good future for nocode. I like Bubble, it's just magic!
Nik Shevchenko
@alexandr_vario Absolutely agree. Bubble raised more capital in July, they're upgrading their platform at rocket-speed.
Nataly Lobacheva
No-code is the future. There's no getting away :)
Anna K
Definitely! NoCode platforms save money, time, and you can create incredible things.
Eugene Filatov
No-code tools already help to solve a large number of business tasks. And no-code is still evolving for sure!
Artyom
(Gartner estimates that "by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity") - sound good
Katia Druzhynina
Good company with goals and ambitious. The best mentors
Алексей Тотсамый
No-code opens great opportunities for startups.
Vladimir Alushkin
What would you advise for automatisations?
Nik Shevchenko
@volight @kanat_syrymbaev Thanks for sharing. You're absolutely right. WeLoveNoCode offers a free consultation call. Please call in to ask all your no-code related questions. https://welovenocode.com/freenoc...
Artem Stepanov
NoCode is a really good and cool tool. But you have to know how to use it correctly and competently. In good hands NoCode is a very powerful tool.
Siarhei Aliaksiayuk
I agree with Nikita. No-code is the future.
Глеб Мещеряков
No-code develops as quickly as possible. I'm sure that in the near future the work of ordinary coders will decrease)
Nina
I was responsible for developing an app for the US market. The developers offered many options. But the cost was very high. Sometimes it was as high as $40k. But we considered other options and have no regrets. Tens of thousands of dollars were saved. And everything works perfectly. We used Adalo. The main thing is to understand the specifics of no-code and not to demand something exorbitant from it. Now the application has been running for a month and so far everything is fine. I will come back in a couple of months and tell you what happens to it.
Lia Kirik
No-code - one💛
Anastasia Lis
Nocode tools really useful for quick start your business 👏