Is launching on Product Hunt worth it?

Yehoshua Zlotogorski
113 replies
There's so much out there on HOW to launch here on PH, but not so much of a discussion on whether it's worth the effort. After our launch where we took #1 product of the day, I sat down to run an analysis on whether it was worth it or not. Put all our findings here: https://www.alpeaudio.com/post/i... Curious to hear your thoughts on this topic!

Replies

Linda Liepa
Thank you for sharing a nice wrap-up with valuable tips from your experiences! I wish I have read your tips before launching products on PH! :) PH is worth it if you work hard on the engagement before/after the launch and attract recognized hunters from the community. Most importantly, you need to have people from the product/company/project team eager to join discussions and engage with comments! I have found the PH as a helpful community, but it hasn't significantly impacted traffic/conversions. For sure, CoinGate cryptocurrency payment processing/trading products aren't for the general public, but our brand recognition can be affected with the proper engagement.
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@linda_liepa by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Miriam Dorsett
@linda_liepa Great feedback Linda! Would love to hear more about what you are working on, and connect you with my web3 community. I'm sure they would be interested in CoinGate if they don't already know what it is.
Liz Cohen
Great writeup. To be honest, the video was the best part and made it all worth it.
Abderisak
@liz_cohen Where's can I find the video? I can't seem to see any when I click on the link.
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@liz_cohen @tasha_dziatkovskaya by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Johannes Grenzemann
Thanks for sharing your insight @yehoshua_zlotogorski Many interesting resources.
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@jgrenzemann by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
natalieob1
Thanks for sharing this it was very useful for me.
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@natalieob1 by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
samuel jack
I love product hunt website !
Eugene Hauptmann
Nice breakdown. We did a launch last Thursday, and more reflections to come. Loved the part about value vs expectations.
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@eugenehp Please do share once you've wrapped up :-), it's really one of the parts that I haven't found enough information on that I think many can find value in
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@eugenehp @tasha_dziatkovskaya good luck! by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Pranav Kumar Singh
Great! Thanks for sharing.
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@pranav_kumar_singh by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Debajit Sarkar
Splendidly written. A landmark contribution to launching on Product Hunt. Before I read your article I was under the impression that unless you already have a huge community of followers, getting on top of Product Hunt will be a constant battle. Thanks for clearing the mist.
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@avidnote @dsarkar it’s definitely much harder since less friends have β€œgood” profiles but it is doable - You just need a battle plan
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@avidnote @dsarkar by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Energy-shifter
Worth it......................................................................
Abderisak
@yehoshua_zlotogorski Interesting read, thanks for sharing.
Renzo Brus πŸ’»βš‘
Super interesting and inspiring! Thank you for your consideration and analysis!
Swan Bella
Ya it's a good platform for promoting your products. This site has huge traffic that's why I am here. I also promote here e-commerce app development services. If you need any services like these then visit here: https://www.octalsoftware.com.sg...
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@swan_bella thanks! by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Vadym Shcherbakov
Great article. Surely will use your experience in our next launch
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@vadim_shcherbakov by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Inna Proshkina
We are launching tomorrow! I believe it will worth the effort.
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@ahmedj @inna_proshkina upvoted!! by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Ahmed J
Interesting read @yehoshua_zlotogorski Was this your first launch or you learned from past launch on PH?
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@ahmedj I did a trial on a small product just to see what it’s like but this was my first β€˜real’ launch
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@ostap_yaroshevych by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Amm Anae
Thank you for sharing useful tips with us from your experiences. I wish I had read these tips before launching on my website https://www.homeinspectionauthor...
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@johanryy Trying to put it out so it helps others and saves them some time, but it did take me awhile to write up!
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@johanryy by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Carrie Obrien
I am grateful to see this topic.
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@tech800n by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Imtiyaz - Curatora.io
Thanks for asking this question for me. Even I was trying to figure out this before I launch on @producthunt
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@producthunt @imtiyaz922 ageeed, unfortunately it’s not something I found any resources on before we launched
Yehoshua Zlotogorski
@producthunt @imtiyaz922 by the way if you’ve found this helpful please feel free to upvote here and/or on Reddit πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š