Is it possible to launch without a pre-warmed audience?

Shem Leong
15 replies
Anyone had a successful launch despite not min-maxing? Will my product get lost in the sea of products if I simply go with the flow?

Replies

Jan Beisheim
new to this as well and doing our launch of Kittl within 10 days from idea to execution this Thurday. I'll be able to let you know if this is working out in a few days!
Shem Leong
@jan_beisheim cool, good luck. keep me posted!
Shem Leong
@jan_beisheim I saw, awesome stuff 😎 what did you use to make the marketing materials, they look slick!
Jan Beisheim
@shem_l have you tested Kittl yet? Would love to get your feedback on it.
Shem Leong
@jan_beisheim Just came back from it! Not sure if it's just me but I'm getting a vintage vibe coming from those featured designs the moment I log in. Smooth editor by the way, I've tried to build one before and it didn't feel quite right. This one does :)
Jan Beisheim
@shem_l thanks for the feedback! Wow you tried to build an editor yourself? We know it's a tricky task - toke us 1 year to build. Well spotted on the vintage front. We started as Heritage Designer and just rebranded 2 weeks ago. Now growing and adding all other categories, but as you said, still feel very vintage like, but this will change over time.
Louis Min
Had my first launch yesterday with no sort of following/audience and got 20 organic upvotes. Maybe others will have better luck :) but I'd say just keep building awesome products!
Shem Leong
@louismin haha wobble? The link seems down, I need that for my day job
Fabian Maume
Yes, you can launch without a prewarmed audience. If you do so I would however strongly advise you to look for a hunter. https://upvote-bell.com/leaderboard is a good tool for it. You will certainly not make it to the top 5 products of the day but you will still get some exposure and a do-follow link from product hunt. Moreover, you will have the option to relaunch 6 months later if you have some major update (you might have some prewarm audience by then). So I definitely recommend you do go for a no-frill launch even without a pre-warmed audience: https://medium.com/@fabian-maume...
Shem Leong
/@fabian @fabian_maume also had a read of that article, great insights! I'm slightly more convinced to do a no frills first launch now
Shem Leong
/@fabian @fabian_maume thank you, appreciate the pointers