Is internet really going through a massive transition?

Musharof Chowdhury
18 replies
Is internet really going through a massive transition? πŸ€” πŸ’¬ The number of concepts, discussions, and content I can see nowadays on - 🌐 Web3 πŸ₯½ Metaverse βœ… NFTs πŸͺ™ Domination of Cryptos and so on ... it makes me feel like we are entering to a new internet economy πŸ“Š

Replies

Jaskiran Kaur
Yes, I feel that the internet is really changing especially when I heard about Metaverse. There are so many new and innovative things that is going to change our day-to-day lives. I loved the thing where we will wear VR and talk to our gravatar.
Karolis Ramanauskas
I truly believe cryptocurrencies as hard money, not controlled by any government, is a gateway towards a new, better world. This alone keeps me interested in the crypto space. Not sure yet what to think of the Metaverse or NFTs craze though. There are many exciting ideas around these but we are yet to see them realized.
Musharof Chowdhury
@karooolis True, but Crypto is extremely volatile do you think small-business or mainstream economy will embrace crypto anytime soon?
Karolis Ramanauskas
@musharofchy Honestly, no idea. If it becomes more widely accepted, the volatility should go down in theory as no one player can have such big effect on the market. I’d recommend reading β€œThe Bitcoin Standard” to understand more the economics behind current monetary systems and where Bitcoin comes into play.
Jake Gutstein
@karooolis @musharofchy Curious if you think government intervention/regulation could be a positive for mass adoption? Without government oversight, institutions are probably going to move extremely slowly to adopt and the riskiness of investments will remain high. If we move to regulate small-businesses and the economy at-large will be able to incorporate them into operating systems.
Karolis Ramanauskas
@musharofchy @jake_gutstein Can't say. As you said, regulation could help it bring to the masses. At the same time, excessive regulation could defeat the entire purpose of crypto. In my eyes crypto is anarchic in nature and users will have to get somewhat knowledgeable about crypto in order to use it. At the same time, it's unrealistic to expect for that to ever happen. So probably some kind of hybrid approach between centralized institutions (similar to banks) that can help people manage their wallets, etc, and decentralized cryptocurrencies, will be needed.
Alina Ihnatiuk
I think yes. With the latest news, how metaverse ... there will be something more than just the Internet
Ira GI
there are definitely changes awaiting us ... which ones, are hard to say
Jake Gutstein
(responded to an earlier comment on crypto) The metaverse is an interesting concept to me and will continue to evolve and play a massive role in our day-to-day lives. It is still so young that it'll come to look different than what any of us are imagining. I think an aspect of this transition that goes untalked about is the steady transition to a mirrorverse (seamlessly integrated tech into daily lives). Most simple example of adoption that has already happened is trying to navigate anywhere without google maps. We've seen similar plays happening with mental/physical wellness, remote working environments, food (shameless plug for what I'm working on), and the general furthering of IoT tech. Going to be interesting to see the doors that mirrorverse tech can open for our collective development.
Musharof Chowdhury
@jake_gutstein Very well thought response Jake, food for thought πŸ‘€ I am noob and still exploring but your make me in a way that it was about to happen today or tomorrow.
Michael Silber
I believe it's going to be slower to adopt than most in the space would have you think, but it's definitely happening. Gaming is where a lot of the early momentum is going to come from at first, because it's easy to grok the value of in-game items and I think game designers will have an easier time connecting things between their worlds and explaining that value to their users. However, a lot of other folks are working on composability of smart contracts across the board, which will accelerate the creation of new and novel products and businesses.
Musharof Chowdhury
@product_at_producthunt Great insight, I am not a gamer but can relate to this. Kinda Cyberpunk 2077 IRL
Gonçalo Henriques
I've been passively investing in crypto for the last years but this last months I've been way more active and I'm so rusty at at that I got scammed!
Musharof Chowdhury
@gonelf Sounds great, unfortunately in our country crypto is still illegal. So, can't invest directly/indirectly and there's no sign to make it legal anytime soon. So, I am buying short domains to fill the void πŸ˜‚