Is business success due to luck or sustainable work ?

Yasmina
12 replies

Replies

Yasmina
@maxwellcdavis Yes, but how much of both do we need ? many founders believe in luck but not too much about consistency
Ng Fang Kiang
luck + sustainable work
Yasmina
@jorcus Thanks! I have seen most success based on consistent work !! and some luck for sure !
Stephany Dionysio
I am gonna bring a third element to the table that is a good network. I've seen people getting into Y Combinator with nothing valuable in their hands just because they had a good network :-)
Yasmina
@stzdio Very True! I have seen this several time to be a game changer
Graeme O’Connor
There's certainly a lot of work involved, but as they say you have to make that luck happen!
Yasmina
@iamgoconnor Yes luck is a big element but with consistency plays part in the luck !
I usually don't really believe many people are much more lucky than others in the vastness of the business world. I think recognising and taking advantage of luck is what really counts. People have luck, connections, and opportunities right under their nose that they can't see the potential in. It goes without saying though that most (including myself) believe sustainable work is crucial!
Yasmina
@maxine_buchert true :) many are focusing on various things and get scattered all over the place rather than have one step at time!
Elena Cirera
I think both, but sustainable work is a significant contributor to success.
Yasmina
@elena_cirera yes yes yes !! very true