If you could improve the efficiency of any task in your job by 100x, what would it be?

Oksana Chyketa
65 replies

Replies

Olya Zabalkanska
analytics skills! If I can quickly get and read the data, then I can make fast and right decisions
Bharat Chhabra
Switching between browser tabs. I use the trackpad to look for the needed tab when I have a lot of tabs opened. Using a keyboard shortcut makes me zoom out of the task I am doing and it leads to context switching when I see an unrelated tab.
Lars Outzen
@bchhabra2491 try Ctrl+Shift+A in Chrome - search for the tab you need
@bchhabra2491 suffered from this too:) Just consider closing the not-need or unurgent tabs. Sometimes I just bookmark a few of them to not lose them and find when needed.
Sandra Idjoski
@bchhabra2491 @oksana_ch Not sure if it'd be helpful, but we've been working on a free extension that might help with that. It's mainly meant for online research, but the basis is that you can make highlights directly on web pages, leave comments, group them around topics and then easily store or share the info.
Bharat Chhabra
@sandra_idjoski That sounds great. Have you launched any version? Would love to try.
Sandra Idjoski
@bchhabra2491 Yes, here's the link: collabwriting.com/extension Would love to hear your thoughts on it, if you decide to test it out 😊
@kingmili_bw how do you currently manage your content?
Fiona McCurdy-McGee
@kingmili_bw what slows you down the most when creating content?
Daniel Miller
Recruiting. We did it via creating RecruiterPM. Thank goodness. Now we hope the industry enjoys~
Vitaliy K
Automation of processes is very important, as well as understanding by employees of the tasks they perform. Very often both the first and the second suffer and this needs to be improved.
@vkhoroshkov I think that sometimes documentation may help with understanding tasks better🤔
Sascha Reuter
@vkhoroshkov Check out Questmate.com, might be exactly what you’re looking for :) Happy to jump on a chat at any time!
Tom Williams
Meeting -- shorter but with clearer outcomes please!
MD Amirul Islam
Employees who are efficient in the workplace are essential to a high-functioning and successful business. Structured work habits can help an employee fulfill their job position and produce high-quality work, which may help their business generate profit. Understanding ideas about efficiency may help you develop and implement strategies to improve your productivity at work. In this article, we address work efficiency and its importance and provide 12 helpful strategies for improving efficiency in your workplace. 1. Take breaks Taking breaks while working on tasks can allow your mind to rest and reset. If you estimate a task is going to take two hours to complete, consider taking a 15-minute break between hours to grab a snack or go for a walk. Breaks can promote efficiency because they help you return to work with a fresh mind and renewed energy. 2. Establish realistic goals Goal-setting can provide an effective means of managing the steps to reach your goal and measuring your progress. It's important to ensure your goal is achievable and realistic so that you're able to meet it. This can promote motivation and excellent time management and provide a sense of accomplishment after achieving a goal. 3. Measure your time To evaluate your productivity levels, consider measuring how much time you use while completing each job task. This can help you understand what tasks take more time and give you the opportunity to evaluate why. You can then work on improving the efficiency of those specific tasks, along with using time-management skills to handle your daily task list. 4. Commit to deadlines Try writing your deadlines in a planner as reminders to improve your time management. It may be helpful to use these reminders to design a personal timeline for yourself and what steps can help you successfully meet a deadline. Though some deadlines may be flexible, committing to a deadline can help organize your process and motivation and assist with developing skills for efficiency. 5. Concentrate on your task Focusing on one task at a time can help you measure your progress as you accomplish and celebrate completing each one. Some job roles may require multiple assignments or duties to complete each day. This may increase your desire to multitask in an attempt to handle more of your checklist. However, it's often more helpful to keep a single focus on each task and work toward steady completion, as your concentration may help you increase the quality of your work along as well as the quantity of tasks. 6. Create a routine Consider treating your daily routine as a task list and commit to completing each task. This can help you set expectations and goals for your day and develop any needed strategies for time management. Include your work duties and time for self-care. It's helpful to turn portions or all of your daily routine into habit because then your brain and body expect these commitments. Developing these habits can improve your chances of successfully reaching your work goals and allow you to take care of yourself in and out of workplace settings. 7. Design a relaxing work environment Choose a work environment that encourages motivation. If you work in an office, consider adding personal items such as family photos or plants that help you relax. Some individuals may thrive in clean, isolated and organized workspaces, while others enjoy and find motivation in community workspaces. Even if you share a workspace, you can still design a healthy and relaxing environment that improves your efficiency. 8. Develop a healthy balance between work and personal life Create a schedule that allows you to accomplish your tasks during work hours in order to have dedicated off-hours time for your family, friends or free time. Keeping established times for relaxation and personal goals can help you maintain your well-being, which in turn helps you fulfill your job duties. A healthy balance can also promote personal satisfaction, as it may enable you to meet both your professional and personal needs in life. 9. Organize a to-do list Writing and evaluating a task list can help you prioritize obligations and create an action plan with steps in a specific timeline. Written to-do lists may also increase your motivation to fulfill tasks and promote rewarding feelings. Crossing off a task after completing it can be a visual representation of you making progress. 10. Minimize interruptions Find or create a quiet work space with minimal interruptions and distractions. When you can increase your focus on work, your efficiency and productivity increase as well. Some ways to minimize interruptions in the workplace may include scheduling appointments or meetings with coworkers, setting an away message on a chat system and closing personal technology to prevent seeing notifications. If you work in an environment where distractions are unavoidable, try to schedule a small block of daily quiet time when you can get a maximum amount of efficient work accomplished, such as in the early morning. 11. Ask for feedback Seek continual input and evaluation from your team members and managers. Feedback can provide insight into improvements you can make and help you create new strategies for improvement. Your managers may also teach you new skills and strategies for work efficiency. A one-on-one meeting with your manager is often the best format as it provides the privacy to speak freely about workplace habits, express concerns and ask questions. 12. Create incentives and celebrate accomplishments Celebrating work accomplishments can boost your confidence and give you the encouragement to complete more challenging tasks. Creating an incentive for achieving a work goal or completing a high-priority task can also help you gain motivation. Allowing yourself personal rewards can improve work efficiency because they inspire you to meet your deadlines and produce quality work.
Usman Ali
I am new in this level I need advice.
Joanfihu
Communication. As an autistic person, communication is difficult with neurotypicals. Some sort of AI large language model to proof read my outbound messages would be useful. Same for inbound messages, neurotypicals don’t talk straight, which is confusing. A model to “straightify” a message would be useful too.
Nick Parsons
@joanfihu Do you have any recommendations or examples for how neurotypicals can communicate in less confusing ways? I would love to learn more about this.
Joanfihu
@nrparsons Examples: NT: Neurotypical ND: Neurodivergent At the end of a conversation: NT: “We should catch up soon.” ND: “Bye.” NT doesn’t actually mean to catch up. It’s a formalism. NT: “You should use a factory model in this test.” ND: “Change the code and use a factory model.” NT uses should when it’s a MUST. Perhaps to not offend? NT: “I can’t come today. I’m not feeling very well” ND: “I’m not interested. Thanks for letting me know” 90% of the time, NT isn’t unwell. He/she is not interested. NT: “We will look into your suggestion next quarter.” ND: “Your suggestion is a bad idea because of X” 95% of the time, NT has not intentions to review that suggestion. NT: “We need more help with engineering management” ND: “Do you want to be an engineering manager?”
Nick Parsons
@joanfihu Thank you so much for taking the time to share these examples. I feel like the cool thing here is that the ND examples you provided are so much better in honesty and integrity, they're a better way to communicate with anyone (i.e. there's no downside to working to communicate more like that, for someone who doesn't already do so). It reminds me of the ideas behind radicalcandor.com, which I aspire to implement in my communication. Your post here give me a better understanding how these statements of empty politeness/formalism are especially unhelpful for some people (though imho ultimately not good for anyone), and motivates me to keep working on avoiding this kind of stuff. Thank you for your openness in sharing!
Abdullah Alka Kandilli
Research and development part. Think about that, I can read 100 academic paper and try their solutions...
Tendai Gomo
Training people not to distract me, Slack, email, text etc so that I can focus.
Matt Gaucher
Always outbound prospecting. Any way I can make reaching out to prospects easier is a YES from me.
william calvat
organizing stuff, this is what takes most time...
Sanjay Somashekar
@thatswam We have built out a product that can help you organize everything you need in a single workspace accessible by your teams as well. Would you be interested in giving it a try
Sanjay Somashekar
@thatswam sounds great! We are looking forward to launch it on PH in the next 90 days, would love to give you access to our product today. Please feel free to book a call here - https://calendly.com/sanjaysomas...
Itay Dressler
Reading all the emails and slack messages 😑
Marc Gahan
Writing emails...
@codis_io for some maessages I use pre-made templates (easy to do in Gmail). I modify them a little bit and that's makes it faster to respond to emails or write new ones
Swapnil D Puranik
Decision making .. i can only imagine the time being saved. The only flip side will be the opportunity to learn lessons (from wrong decisions). But positive far outweighs the negative.
Max Sinclair
achieving 10x ROAS for my clients 😂.
GamerSeo
Acquiring backlinks
@gamerseo any tools you use now to aquire backlinks? I'm a big fan of Ahrefs when it comes to link builing.
Shaur ul Asar
I can say that communication skills are important for me because 85% of our success in the workplace depends on how well we communicate with others and only 15% is based on our professional qualifications.