If it's OK for students to use AI for assignments, is it OK for teachers to use AI to grade them?

Golfo Vasiliou
11 replies

Replies

Shubham Pratap Singh
Not all the times, students can use AI if they are stuck and need some help. Using it everytime will kill their creativity and productivity. They should focus on their learning :)
Gabe Moronta
I think its fine for both of them, the world is constantly evolving. When I was in school and had an assignment, I needed to go into a physical library in my neighborhood to research the topic. Now kids do it on their computer, I would've never have to leave my home if I grew up now. The same way that happens, if we don't allow students to use AI, then we're not truly preparing them for the future, a future that will include AI of some sort. I think its extremely short-sighted to not allow them to use it. They should use it, for what exactly, that's for the educators and administrators to determine. The teachers should use it as well, teachers are already underpaid, under prepared, and now we want to further limit their capabilities when dealing with a more modern student body? The correct question isn't is it ok to use for either? It's more so, which AI product is the right AI product for teachers and students to use?
Shubham Sonar
It's best to use AI as a bookmark and not as a book. Be it student/teacher.
Stephen
I have an education background. I absolutely think education should lean into the new tools and embrace them. That way teachers can focus more time on developing the human beings that they have the privilege to influence. Meanwhile the students can use develop their brains to be more expansive human beings.
Valorie Jones
@stephen_smith67 I am interested in seeing how GTP changes how we teach people how to code. I am all for AI automating the boring stuff, parsing API documentation so humans can focus on being creative. I am sure there are a lot of professors who already use batch-scripts to help with the grading process with basic pattern/semantic matching. Full AI is just the logical next step. I think it is fine as long as is a human somewhere in the loop for validation and error checking.
Manoosh Majdzadeh
I believe everyone can (and should) incorporate the new technology into their work if that helps them optimize processes or pace up learning curves. The only thing for me is an assessment step that should definitely be there after AI has generated some results. A student can take that step to learn more about his question and the teacher can use it as supervision over the exam results, for instance. Bottomline? We should trust technology and use it responsibly. :)
StanislawSzymanski
For my task, artificial intelligence will not help. I need help with my project and I don't know who to contact. The deadline is approaching and I feel anxious because I don't think I can do anything. Can you give me some advice?
tree lemon
Artificial intelligence will still not be able to do homework as well as a person can do it. Not so long ago I was looking for help with a project and I came across this site. Their website provided clear information about their services, and the ordering process was quick and simple. The expert assigned to my project was attentive to my requirements and delivered a well-researched and articulate assignment. This is a better option than AI.
James Brady
In a world where cloud services are integral to business operations, the Trusted 1z0-1072-23 Exam Questions equips you with the skills needed to architect solutions that align with modern cloud practices. This credential enhances your career prospects, making you a valuable asset to organizations looking to optimize their cloud infrastructure.
steve james
It's a two-way street. If students can harness AI tools like online plagiarism checker for their assignments, it's fair for teachers to leverage AI for grading. This technology promotes fairness and efficiency in education, ensuring originality and accuracy on both sides of the learning equation.