I turned 22 yesterday. What advice would you give a 22 year old aspiring marketer?

Tapsi
22 replies

Replies

Sharath Kuruganty
Belated bday wishes :) My advice: Be curious with a beginner's mindset and try to make as many experiments as possible. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Good luck :)
Tapsi
@5harath Thankyou for the wishes and the amazing advice! Now's the time to explore.
Alina Ihnatiuk
Hey! Happy birthday late! Advice: there is no end to knowledge. Never stop in this area:))
Tapsi
@antonovna Thankyou! Love the advice!
Shitiz Dogra
Be an early adopter of all new things in marketing - apps, tools etc.
Benoit Chambon
Taylor Swift wrote a song about this age hahaha ;) Just kidding. Two words "carpe diem".
Tapsi
@benoit_chambon hahaha I have been singing that constantly.
Chongkal Seng
Find new ways to automate you work with Product Hunt startups. Because successful marketers are usually those who got into new channel early and could generate a lot of traffic from rising platform.
Imtiyaz - Curatora.io
Belated birthday wishes 🎉 Advice for an aspiring marketer? grow your network, join communities.
Fabian Maume
Build you own content equity. As soon as you gain some experience, start speaking about it. Create a blog, podcast, youtube channel, or whatever medium you like. It won't help your career early on, but it will give you exponential return in the long run.
Gabriele Sangrigoli
@fabian_maume That is a great advice. Thinking about doing it. I'm just really shy and afraid of people's judgment. Advices?
Fabian Maume
@gabriele_sangrigoli Don't overthink and just get started, you might be surprised of what people think.
Dan Gusz
This advice from one of our (https://www.withlloyd.com/) recent blog posts is a good perspective: “Stop trying to do what you think everyone wants you to do, follow your gut, listen to your heart, break some rules, and do work you are really proud of.”
Ege Yalçınkaya
Happy birthday! If you know your actions and consequences and you can take responsibility for them, you don't need any advice will be my advice about life I guess :D And try to build value!
Surya Kasturi
Learn engineering. You might want to end up doing marketing but still learn engineering.