I'm starting a new learning service. Feedback is really appreciated!

Tatyana Petrova
8 replies
Hi, my name is Tatyana. I'm the founder of the Reed Meetup service (here is the link - https://readmeet.app). Our service is intended for those who want to effectively acquire new knowledge. Training is an effective way of learning, but good training is usually expensive and usually requires a few days of distraction from production processes. Books are available to everyone; you can read in your free time. Our service helps you memorize what you read several times better. The service allows you to find a partner for reading and discussing the book. Discussion of the material read brings the reading of the book closer to training on the effectiveness of assimilation of the material. How the process works: • You choose the book you want to read. • The platform will match you with a partner who is reading the same book. • A schedule is created for you to discuss each chapter with a partner. You choose the communication channel yourself. • You save key passages and quotes from the book and use them when discussing with your partner. You can also see what quotes your partner has kept for himself. As a result: • The motivation to finish reading the book increases as you schedule discussions. • Memorize more information from high-quality and necessary literature, • save time and money on trainings We have tested this learning approach with family and friends. Now we are starting beta testing. I would like to invite everyone to take part in it! It is very important for us to know your opinion about the service! Thank you for you feedback.

Replies

Solomon Bush
Oh is this like an online Bookclub? If so, I would incorporate the following features: - Rewards System (books read + reviews) - API integration with Amazon & Audible - Language/Region Accessibility Feature (Super important! Do not wait to bake this in later, the longer you wait the more complicated it will be to incorporate)
Tatyana Petrova
@solomon_bush I would not like to position this as a book club. A book club may have a fairly wide audience, but I am targeting those who want to develop their professional skills. It is a platform for self-education. For people who read professional literature. Fiction is a rest, the plot is easy to remember. Professional literature is for work and career, so you need to better memorize different nuances. We offer a toolset to better memorize what you read including via discussion with a partner. And thank you very much for your ideas. I'm going to add a checked list of books for each specialization. This will allow a user to quickly select literature for development and not waste time on not the most useful books. And yes, a small number of loaded books is a problem for validating the very mechanics of user interaction. I definitely need to integrate with other platforms to source books.
Solomon Bush
@tatyana_petrova1 That sounds really cool. It would be cool to see group learning become more popular. If you need design inspiration I would look at Pluralsight. They have a really clean interface for showing community designed courses. :)
Tatyana Petrova
@solomon_bush Thank you very much for your support. Much appreciated.
David J. Kim
While the concept is neat and all, I can't seem to be able to add any books. I even tried adding popular books like Harry Potter and got no results.
Tatyana Petrova
@between_team We have added too few books to our collections, but it is possible to add your own book manually. In the same form, you can enter the author, book title and table of contents. A table of contents is needed to make notes under each chapter and schedule discussions. UX/UI is primitive now. Only to validate the idea. I can help you to add books if give me it's titles. Anyway, thank you very much for your response!
David J. Kim
@tatyana_petrova1 While that's true, I doubt most people are willing to add popular book titles. Maybe for more niche books. My suggestion would be to use a web scraper like Axiom, and use it on something like this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li... And then add those books to your database.
Tatyana Petrova
@between_team You are absolutely right. Looks like that adding of a book is the first blocker on the idea validation. Thank you!