I’m Nik, I built a no-code hiring platform from $0 to $80K MRR and achieved 30% MoM. AMA!

Nik Shevchenko
84 replies
I wanted to create products fast and affordable. Several years ago I lost $300K on building a product that never has been released (a platform for managing crypto assets). That’s how WeLoveNoCode started. I created a platform to find a no-code developer in one click, share a project and get it developed in weeks, not years and for a very reasonable price. After 6 months of 24/7 work on WeLoveNoCode we achieved super cool growth: 🚀 $80K MRR 💸 30% MoM 🌟 profitable from day one and keep growing 🏆 super happy that WLNC was #1 on Product Hunt. I also closed a seed round recently and might have more cool news soon :) Before WeLoveNoCode, I built 15+ no-code apps myself and went via 500 Startups with another company. My main credo: more work, fewer words. Outside of work I enjoy reading books and working remotely. Excited to share all my experience and help other makers grow! AMA 🔮 I'd be happy to answer questions on growth, product building, no code, hiring, fundraising, remote work...

Replies

Inna Proshkina
How much do you pay to get featured on the homepage?
Nik Shevchenko
@inna_proshkina Can you please clarify the question. For the Product Hunt, you do not pay to be featured on the main page, it's about the users love. Or have you asked something different?
Inna Proshkina
@kodjima33 I saw your product with the "Promoted" label on the homepage
Alex Kukharenko
Hello Nik! I have many ideas but I’m not a developer (hey from designers 👋). Any tips on what I can build with no code?
Nik Shevchenko
@alexdeardream You can build almost everything :) No code is very powerful. With it you can build something as simple as a new landing page in Webflow, design portfolio in Carrd, web-platform in Bubble, mobile app in Adalo or automation in Zapier. You can also connect APIs, build internal tooling to automate routine tasks or even create a VR app. You are limited only by your imagination.
Nik Shevchenko
@alexdeardream thanks so much for joining my AMA!
Shohit Raina
Nik, happy to see you here. I’m curious how welovenocode works?
Nik Shevchenko
@shohit_raina Shohit, happy to have you here as well.
Nik Shevchenko
@shohit_raina WeLoveNocode works like magic — in a few clicks you are getting a no-code developer who will make your idea a reality: 1) You visit the website (https://welovenocode.com/) and sign up to WLNC 2) You submit your idea, MVP description, project or task and instantly get a no-code developer partner 3) You track the development progress 4) And we release your project together. Try it :)
Khoa
Hello fellow maker! How did you begin your journey and why have you chosen this problem to solve?
Nik Shevchenko
@onmyway133 Thanks for asking, Khoa! I saw your apps on Product Hunt. Great job! PastePal 2.0 is neat.
Nik Shevchenko
@onmyway133 To answer your question: I'm a second-time founder. My first company I started five years ago (I wanted to build a platform for managing crypto assets and trading on several crypto exchanges). It only resulted in me spending something like $300,000 and three years of my life on it. My development process was not very successful, which resulted in constant switching from one software development team to another. The end of this story is sad - that product never became live. Afterward, I joined a 500 Startups accelerator program with another company which I sold. During my time at 500 Startups, I learned about no code and finally felt the freedom of building products fast and by myself. ​​Oh my god, this was so cool! I felt that I needed to tell as many people as possible about this opportunity. That’s how I started with WeLoveNoCode.
Khoa
@kodjima33 Awesome to hear. 80k MRR is a huge number. Just upvoted your product on PH
Khoa
@kodjima33 Hi Nik, glad you like WWDC Together, I made it for free as a place to hangout during WWDC Keynote, as the last 2 keynotes Apple had to do online due to the pandemic. Hope we can all go to SF next year
Nik Shevchenko
@onmyway133 thanks Knoa! It think, we were just lucky to find PMF :)
MEHAK SAMAIYA
Awesome job with WeLoveNoCode! My query - How can I choose which Nocode app to use for my needs? On what basis?
Nik Shevchenko
@mehak_samaiya As a general rule: try to move fast & lean with whatever you are building. You don’t need to spend weeks on choosing “the best no code tool”. For almost every task you will find some tool. For example, we support a stack of 100+ no-code tools. If you would try to evaluate each of them (even for 30 min), it's already a 50h (almost 2 weeks).
Nik Shevchenko
@mehak_samaiya So, for a scale of your side project, I would really recommend you to chose from the popular tools. Those are great: to make landing Tilda, Wix, Squarespace, Carrd, Bubble, Webflow to make mobile app Adalo, Glideapps, Bravo Studio Apps Internal automation Notion, Airtable, Coda, Zapier easy payments BuyMeACoffee, Gumroad, Stripe to send emails Mailchimp, SendGrid At WeLoveNoCode you don’t need to choose the tooling, you just tell what you want us to build. I won’t stop repeating that no code is cheaper, faster, and simpler.
Nik Shevchenko
@mehak_samaiya Your basis for choosing no-code tools are the following: - learning curve - support (especially, if you are new to no code) - technical capabilities - price
Nik Shevchenko
@mehak_samaiya hello Mehak! Thanks for coming by!
Marie Martens
Hi Nik, that's impressive! What are your most important channels to find new users in the no-code space?
Nik Shevchenko
@marie_martens Marie thanks for joining my AMA! Tally product looks very interesting. I see you are working in the no-code space as well. Our marketing was kind of secondary, compering to defining users' needs. We spot user problems and value prop: fast, affordable, simple no-code development, which gives users ready product. All this in weeks. Regarding channels for no-code: it really depends on your persona. Some no-code tools, like forms can be used in a very big companies by specific teams (design team, marketing team). While others, like WeLoveNoCode are best for fast MVP creation for smaller teams. So our channels are: social media ads Google ads Product Hunt
Nik Shevchenko
@marie_martens I believe that it all starts with product-market fit. If you see it, you will have growth and your marketing channels will work. If there is no PMF, even the best paid traffic won't work because the product doesn't solve a real nead.
Marie Martens
Thanks a lot for elaborating @kodjima33! I definitely agree on the PMF. Our growth has been organic and we haven't spend money on ads yet, so interesting to see how it worked out for you guys!
MARINA S
@kodjima33 Inspired by your journey and happy to work with you! Any tips for the new founder on starting a company?
Nik Shevchenko
@marina_shamova Thanks so much for all your support, always.
Nik Shevchenko
@marina_shamova You should start a company *if* you are super passionate about the problem you want to solve. Running your company is a 24/7 job. If you are not obsessed with the idea, it won’t work.
Nik Shevchenko
@marina_shamova A few tips for everyone who wants to start a company: - focus on speed - do more, talk less - track your metrics from the day 0 - always run user interviews and listen to users - hire the best possible people, if you can’t ask for their advice
Lia Kirik
Omg That's amazing🙀
Nik Shevchenko
@nusatarisu Thanks for joining in the AMA!
Anastasia
How can I become your no code dev?
Nik Shevchenko
@new_user_47c42ccb06 Happy that you are considering becoming a code developer! Yes, you can start learning in our academy - https://academy.welovenocode.com/ or join courses from no code tools. Ideally, if you will be able to work on some real projects right away. It can be your side-projects or freelance
Nik Shevchenko
@new_user_47c42ccb06 you can also join our courses if you want to learn with us we have 200 hours of different courses recorded in the four different no code platforms like Bubble, AirTable, Tilda, Webflow and many, many more. We educate people and after that, we connect them with companies.
Vlas Babinets
If I build something with NoCode or LowCode can my product usage be limited?
Nik Shevchenko
@new_user_294840ab29 No. In terms of users for the projects we are building, NoCode tools are not limited. I have seen apps with 200,000+ users.
Sean Catangui
Thanks for doing an AMA! Great project! I don’t actually understand how your 7 days trial version works.
Nik Shevchenko
@sean_catangui thanx, Happy to explain. Our 7-Days Trial is a full-fledged week of NoCode development, without any limitations or obligations. You can submit any tasks you want us to do: landing pages, mobile apps, web apps, automation, design, and so on. We will assign you a developer within a few hours after you submit the task, then the development process will start immediately. Besides the development, you’ll be able to get an estimation roadmap for your project. Our main goal for a trial is to demonstrate what a NoCode developer can achieve within a week.
Inna Proshkina
Hi Nik! How did you get #1 on Product Hunt? Which day of the week did you launch? BTW we launched today, please check us out!
Nik Shevchenko
@inna_proshkina Our Product Hunt is a full day of work! We do preparation with the visuals, copy and positioning + marketing strategy.
Nik Shevchenko
@inna_proshkina I believe that the day of the week is not as critical as having fit with the PH audience. Are you sure that your users are on Product Hunt. And congrats on launching!
Inna Proshkina
@kodjima33 these are obvious and generic things to say, I was hoping to get more. The devil is in details ;)
Nik Shevchenko
@inna_proshkina In details: - we did minutes by minutes plan - we used all our marketing channels to inform our community that we launched - we changed the copy on the website, targeting the PH audience. Being #1 is not about some tips and tricks. If the PH community doesn't like your product (your product doesn't meet its needs), no amount of "hack" will help. PH algorithm is very smart. Also, it's a community place, not a platform to only promote your product. Those are details that matter: founders who are engaged with the community and feel what is important for it - are getting better results. Founders, who try to trick the system ends up having a lot of upvotes but a lower position on the page
Nik Shevchenko
@inna_proshkina More to think about: - what is the competition this day? If you have Stripe launching something - you won't be #1 - what announcement is the PH team is doing? If PH has announced their new CEO, all attention will be there - what activity PH has this day/week/month? If it's summer, it's less active - is your community on Product Hunt? (your users, friends, those who will support you) Eventually, when you are getting the first boost and listed on the main page, the PH community decides if they like your product. That's why knowing that your users are here is critical.
Serhii Bohdan
I’m working with no code and would love to make apps with you. How to do it?
Nik Shevchenko
@serhii_bohdan Thanks for asking! You need just to submit this form and we will start sharing projects with you in one week: https://airtable.com/shrpUdQN1I3...
Brent Haldiman
Nik! So Exciting to see you here! Your energy is inspiring for me and everyone on the WLNC team. How do you keep it up, all the time!?!
Nik Shevchenko
@brent_haldiman Thanx, Brent! I’m motivated by speed and results. The faster I move, the more energy I have. Also, walking, working remotely and constant communication keeps my energy level high.
Susannah Skyer Gupta
Hi Nik, really interesting platform. I'm curious, if we tried this, who are the developers we would get on our project; what sort of experience do they have?
Nik Shevchenko
@suzgupta > really interesting platform. huge thanks for the feedback!
Nik Shevchenko
@suzgupta > who are the developers we would get on our project; > what sort of experience do they have? We have our own no-code development team. We carefully select each of our no-code developers, having interviews, and internal learning program, and qualifications checks. That allows us to keep the quality of skills, which people are bringing, and the quality of the work output. For every project, we have an internal review, so we are 100% sure that we are delivering what we promised.
Susannah Skyer Gupta
@kodjima33 Can clients select a particular developer and, if so, what criteria can we see about them beforehand?
Nik Shevchenko
@suzgupta Thanks for diving deeper. We have an internal selection. There are 100+ no-code tools, which we support and every developer has their own core focus. We internally match that developer with the project, knowing that this no-code dev made many similar projects exactly for this user story ("make Airbnb-like app with a focus on Indian market"). This allows keeping speed. Also, it reduce time for client < - >no-code developer communication. Let's it be like this - we are also doing internal project management.
Nik Shevchenko
@suzgupta huge thanks for joining my AMA!
Eduardo Toledo
Hey! How did you stared welovenocode startup, how did you come up with the idea, and how did you get traction?
Nik Shevchenko
@es_toledo I will combine my previous answers if you don't mind :) So, I'm a second-time founder. My first company I started five years ago (I wanted to build a platform for managing crypto assets and trading on several crypto exchanges). It only resulted in me spending something like $300,000 and three years of my life on it. My development process was not very successful, which resulted in constant switching from one software development team to another. The end of this story is sad - that product never became live. Afterward, I joined a 500Startups accelerator program with another company which exited. During my time at 500startups I learned about no code and finally felt the freedom of building products fast and myself. That’s how I started with WeLoveNoCode. How we did we get growth: Our marketing was kind of secondary, compering to defining users' needs. We spot user problems and value prop: fast, affordable, simple no-code development, which gives users ready product. All this in weeks. Regarding channels for no-code: it really depends on your persona. Some no-code tools, like forms, can be used in very big companies by specific teams (design team, marketing team). While others, like WeLoveNoCode, are best for fast MVP creation for smaller teams. So our channels are: social media ads Google ads Product Hunt
Nik Shevchenko
@es_toledo Thanks a lot for asking a question!
Kate Vasilenko
Good luck! We also have launched no-code AI platform today. It’s defiantly incredibly popular today.
Nik Shevchenko
@kate_vasil Well, when there are a lot of products, which competes for the attention, you also have some benefits: - those products/teams are bringing their users and community on PH - your product, if it's on the main page, gets more attention as well Agree?
Kate Vasilenko
@kodjima33 Make sense!! What do you think about our product? We’ve launched today!!!
Nik Shevchenko
@kate_vasil thanks for your kind words!
Nik Shevchenko
@kate_vasil I saw you on the main page.
Alex Miller
What an impressive journey you've made. No-code solutions are indeed booming nowadays! We've lauched our no-code ML tool today too, check it our if interested, we're in the top5 now
Nik Shevchenko
@alex_miller11 how do you find the PH launch so far?
Alex Miller
@kodjima33 well, the launch on PH is worth the efforts as we already see more attention to our product and new subscribers.
Graeme
Thanks for AMA. With the hiring company doing well, do you think to build a no code app too?
Nik Shevchenko
@graeme_fulton > With the hiring company doing well, do you think to build a no code app too? WeLoveNoCode is a platform for getting matched with a no code developer and release your product super fast. WLNC itself is build with no-code. For now, we are not planning to make our own no code tool.
Nik Shevchenko
@graeme_fulton The reason for this is simple - there are many no code tools out there, so it doesn't really make sense to compete.
Nik Shevchenko
@graeme_fulton hello Graeme! Great work with Prototypr!