I'm Carlos, founder of Product School. AMA👇

👋 I'm Carlos, founder and CEO of Product School, the largest community of product managers with over 1 million members. Our courses are delivered live online by real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies such as Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Over 90% of our resources are free, including The Product Book, The Product Podcast, The Proddy Awards, and ProductCon, the largest PM conference in the world. Happy to talk about how to build best-in-class products, grow your product career, no-code tools, and trends for 2022! AMA👇

Replies

Tsz Hoi Lee
Hey Carlos, thanks for doing the AMA! I would love to know the difficulties and solution of growing Product School in the early beginning. Is networking effect the major growth channel? If yes, how did you capitalise the potential?
Carlos Gonzalez de Villaumbrosia
@tszhoi_19 we believe in the power of building a long-term relationship with our community members and adding as much value as possible in every interaction. For example, over 90% of our resources are free and available right away https://productschool.com/free
Jose Eduardo Saura
Hi Carlos! What softskills do you think it needs to be a good product manager? Also, how did you begin this project? ty!
@jose_eduardo_saura here's a short article that explains the growth story of the Product School community from 0 to 1 million members https://cmxhub.com/how-the-produ...
Sam Rizzi
Hey Carlos it's so amazing to see how you still take time out and are so connected to the product community even after the exponential growth of Product School in the last 2 years. I remember being part of one of the early batches @ PS in the valley and you were my instructor. Thanks for everything you have done reshaping the product community for the better.
@sam_rizzi Thanks for being part of the journey! It's been fun and rewarding to see you grow as a product leader so fast
Tim Adair
Hey Carlos, What's the most impactful decision you made while growing Product School?
Vian Trinh
Hey Carlos, thank you for doing this AMA! I've always been a fan of Product School - it opens a new door for me and teaches me so many new things :) My 2 questions are: 1/ Product-related fields and jobs have been on fire for several years now, and it seems like everyone wants to jump into product. What do you think about the next thing for product jobs and people? New trends, skills, jobs, or even crises? 2/ What's your biggest challenge with Product School now and how do you plan to tackle it?
Rosie Higgins
Hey Carlos, what would you say are the five top qualities a product manager needs to be successful?