I love making open-source tool. I have built an analytics tool. What should I do next?

Subhendu
4 replies
Hi everyone, Over the month I had been develping an opensource, almost free analytics tool. What all I should do next? Thanks

Replies

Evan Stewart
Consider looking for early users to get feedback. Many times developers and founders can get caught in a feedback loop, and outside perspectives in the early stages of growth will help you refine and develop a product people want to use.
Subhendu
@evst that definitely makes sense. I was thinking about making a video to help user understand what it is about. Do you think that would help?
Evan Stewart
@thisissubhendu Yes that would definitely help, (potentially as an onboarding aspect for those alpha users), but I would direct all focus to getting feedback and refining your product, and then re-directing your energy to the following areas (in order of importance): 1) Revenue - activities that generate revenue. Referrals, sales, closing deals, active prospecting, etc. 2) Relationships - activities that foster long-term, vested relationships. Meetings, coffee/drinks, referral partnerships, masterminds, etc. 3) Awareness - activities that generate brand awareness. Podcasts, speaking on stages, speaking/leading group events, marketing in publications or around your city, client events, etc. 4) Structure - activities that build your back-end systems and develop your internal capabilities. Automations, new tech stack implementations, culture refinement, coaching/training as a company, etc.
Anton Ross
Facebook instantiates the first paid traffic, for example, Facebook or Instagram. The first testers will check for bugs. When fatal errors are debugged - look for a hunter)