I had an idea for a dating app!!

Kate Jonas
9 replies
What if your best friend or a third person could set you up on blind dates after a basic compatibility test? So my best friend set me up with a guy on Hinge for a blind date and I loved it, I know this idea has a lot of technological and backend issues, but do you think I should start working on it?

Replies

Vanella Richardson
Yes! I've totally had the same idea! I don't know if I'll ever be open to dating apps but the reality is that this is how people are connecting. I would definitely be open to letting my friends do the matching and I just have to show up.
Himanshi
There is something called 'bestie picks bae' check it on youtube. might help
Jaskiran Kaur
Your idea is amazing!!!
Richard Francis
I feel like this could definitely be a female-led thing (I.e. guys sign up but don’t get to choose). Personally I think it’s a good idea 👍 Social apps are super hard to start though so I’d focus on your launch/growth strategy (after validating idea of course). If you have a few thousand to throw at PPC you might be able to get some traction... or raise seed, even better..
Emily Harris
A dating app is always a good idea. Nowadays, online dating is super popular. Personally, I have already signed up on more than 5 sites. My favorite is this one https://mylistcrawler.com/midget.... It's convenient to meet new people online, I know it from my personal experience.