I brought my Telegram channel about Startups and Products to 1,100+ subscribers in over a year. AMA.

Alexey Shashkov
19 replies
Hey Makers! I've been running my Telegram channel about products and startups for over a year now. It already has 1,100+ subscribers. It's in my native language. I recently started the same channel but in English. I find answers to questions about startups and products from people with a lot of experience in that field and write summaries. Join the «Startup Summary» on Telegram if you're interested: https://t.me/startupsum You can ask me anything.

Replies

Jeff
Wow that's big, how were you able to grow it so fast?
Alexey Shashkov
@jesv Man, thanks for being my first subscriber to the English-language channel! I really appreciate it, Jeff. I wrote posts every week and shared them on my Facebook, one Facebook group about startups, and one popular UGC site (like Medium). That's how I got 1,100+ subscribers.
Stefan Smiljkovic
Nice one. How engaged people are on your group?
Alexey Shashkov
@stefan_smiljkovic Stefan, 550+ views per post on average. And some comments under posts.
Anil Meena
can you tell me about the planning process of generating the engaging content.. like research, curating etc.. and how often do you it...
Alexey Shashkov
@anil_meena21 Anil, actually, I'm not planning content. I really like YC, and there are tons of excellent quality content about startups. I just consume it and summarize. If I planned the content, I'd probably have 10,000+ subscribers, I think. But I don't have enough time for that. I'm doing startup first, then blog.
ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
Nice I'll check it out!
Archisman Das
How did you seed the channel or maybe lets say get the first 100 members into the community?
Alexey Shashkov
@archisman_das Hello Archimas. I shared a link to my channel in other startup communities.
Sagar
Some really nice startup content here :)
Alexey Shashkov
@sagar_devkate Thanks a lot, Sagar. I really appreciate your feedback.
Donia Ahmed
this is amazing, how did you get the first 100 member ?
Alexey Shashkov
@donia_ahmed Hi Donia. I just shared a link to my channel in other startup communities.
Justine Peterson
As someone who is building a community on telegram, I think you are doing a great job, congrats :) I will follow your English community and learn from you Alexey.
Alexey Shashkov
@justinelim Hello, Justin! It’s nice to hear that!