I asked Indie Hackers about their best product discoveries in 2021 and here is what I found

Alexandra Kazakova
10 replies
I think this says a lot to those who are creating new products about what people really care about and what changed the way they work, made them more productive, helped them save time and money. For me, I discovered: - Surfer SEO. A great tool that helps rank content. For the first time ever, I managed to rank an article for the target keyword in top 5 without building a single backlink - Telegram. The amount of useful channels with great information and analytics is second to none. - matchmaker.fm. I used to spend hours and days looking for podcasts, then finding out their email addresses for my clients' podcast outreach. Matchmaker saved me days of work! And here is the list from others: Budibase: an open source low-code platform, and a faster way to build business apps that empower teams and improve productivity Responsively: Front-end tool that let's you preview all target screens in a single window side-by-side Poet: Basically like carbon.now.sh, but instead of sharing code, you can share tweets as beautiful images Visual Type Scale: Great tool for all devs that are obsessed with getting the typography right Patterns.dev: free (website based) book on design patterns and component patterns for building powerful web apps with vanilla JavaScript and React Exercism: Need to learn any new programming language for your (next) project? Go no further! Adele: Overview of (almost) all the great design systems out there Web Whiteboard: Web whiteboard for instant collaboration let's you sketch, brainstorm and share your ideas. No sign-up required Kochava Media Index: Haven't used it yet but it markets itself as the largest advertising database on earth. Maybe someone heard of it and can give feedback Hemingway, Scapple, RoamResearch, F5Bot, PhantomBuster, Usefathom I wonder what do these products have in common?

Replies

Talia Bender
Super interesting list @alexandra_kazakova2, I can't wait to try some of these out. On a sort of different note, do you have any invite codes you would be willing to share 😊
Talia Bender
@alexandra_kazakova2 Congratulations! I wish you the best of luck. My one comment is that I would create a shorter, more self-promotional video promoting the benefits more so than the attributes or features of the product. I noticed that your current video is much longer and in the format of a tutorial or slides presentation. With a more energetic video, I think you guys could generate more buzz. Hope this helps!
Talia Bender
@alexandra_kazakova2 absolutely! I'll be staying tuned for your launch. Thank you so much for the code 😊
Alexandra Kazakova
@taliambender Hi Talia! We've finally launched. https://www.producthunt.com/post... I am super nervous because our first launch a few months back was a total failure. I've learned a lot during this time and hope to make it to featured products. I will appreciate your support, feedback, and any comments you might have about the product or the launch.
Alexandra Kazakova
@taliambender wow! This feedback definitely helps! We will relaunch again till we get it 100% right. Appreciate your input!
Talia Bender
@alexandra_kazakova2 my pleasure 😊 please reach out with any other questions. Also, be sure to stay tuned for our launch around mid-March!