How would you promote a developer oriented ebook with $0 and no affiliate marketing?

Devluc
6 replies
Looking for a few creative marketing ideas for promoting developer ebooks. That's why I'm leaving out affiliate marketing and anything related to buying ads. Asking for 2 reasons: - I made such an ebook which I want to raise awareness for - In the following weeks I want to build something basic that would help ebook authors in the same position Looking forward for your suggestions. Thank you.

Replies

Devluc
@jesv Very good ones, thank you Jeff for the input. I will definitely try to make a Hacker News post and see how it goes
Jakub Piskor
Hi Lucian, what come up to my mind is to give a free copy of ebook to few opinion leaders in your niche, and ask them for sharing if they like it. I would use Twitter as the first place to start.
Devluc
@jakub_piskor It's a great idea. Didn't think about it. I will add it to my list. Thank you very much for your suggestion Jakub
Kavya
Not sure if developers are necessarily targeted here, but you could check this out: https://reedsy.com/discovery/submit