How would you promote a developer oriented ebook with $0 and no affiliate marketing?

Lucian Tartea
6 replies
Looking for a few creative marketing ideas for promoting developer ebooks. That's why I'm leaving out affiliate marketing and anything related to buying ads. Asking for 2 reasons: - I made such an ebook which I want to raise awareness for - In the following weeks I want to build something basic that would help ebook authors in the same position Looking forward for your suggestions. Thank you.

Replies

Jakub Piskor
Hi Lucian, what come up to my mind is to give a free copy of ebook to few opinion leaders in your niche, and ask them for sharing if they like it. I would use Twitter as the first place to start.
Lucian Tartea
@jakub_piskor It's a great idea. Didn't think about it. I will add it to my list. Thank you very much for your suggestion Jakub
Jakub Piskor
@luciantartea I’m happy you like it. Good luck with your ebook!
Lucian Tartea
@jesv Very good ones, thank you Jeff for the input. I will definitely try to make a Hacker News post and see how it goes
Kavya
Not sure if developers are necessarily targeted here, but you could check this out: https://reedsy.com/discovery/submit