How would you launch your product with no audience?

Tarek Besbes
7 replies
After countless hours working on the product and all of the technical stuff, here comes the launch, super excited, and boom no reach. Should I break down or start the reach and how would I go about it? Creators tend to think about building stuff but they forget about how they are going to market it and that's why most of us tend to fail. I'm curious how would you launch a product with literally zero audiences and no network?

Replies

Stephanie Leue
It depends on what you want to achieve. If you have no reach it most likely means, that you either did not talk about your product to anyone at all or no one understood your product. So your main task is to gather feedback, improve your positioning and fine-tune your messaging, I would start with friends, family and early adopters. Friends and family will at least be a good entry point to get some feedback, so you can start improving your value proposition, messaging and positioning. Early adopters are great, because those are people that are just curious to test new products and provide feedback. And then just start. Maybe you will not be as successful as Hotjar (https://www.hotjar.com/blog/the-...), but you will find users on whatever channel you feel comfortable to manage.
Tarek Besbes
@stefan_morris If I can find a someone who's good enough, I'm willing to offer a stakeholder position. I seem to always stumble on wrong ones. So I kind of gave up on finding people to contribute and help with sales but I am still open if a great fit comes out of the blue. @stephi It is indeed. Now, started with writing for content marketing and soon videos to explain both the theory, model, and how to implement it.
Tarek Besbes
@stephi I have already gotten feedback and had even tested it with big clients, I'm just a complete introvert and I tend to not follow up until the entire relation fades away. I do recognize my mistakes, but they are not related to the aforementioned above as I have to find a way to remain an introvert while being successful. The only way to do that is through content creation as I had confirmed the product within my target market. It is just the sales that I don't like to do and simply it is the only thing that I need to do from here on.
Stefan Morris
@stephi @tarek_besbes Perhaps partner up with someone who is strong in sales? If you don't want to offer a stakeholder position, I would consider hiring a sales rep just to get things off the ground.
Stephanie Leue
@tarek_besbes Got it and I feel you. Being a founder means to either leave your comfort zone every minute of the day or hire professionals for the areas where the opportunity costs are too high. As suggested by @stefan_morris - to partner up with someone who is strong in areas where you are not might help.
Stefan Morris
@stephi @tarek_besbes I have the same problem, which is why I've decided to hire a contractor when I run into roadblocks. So far that has not happened, but that is the plan. I'm hoping its easier to just bring in talent where I need it and pay them accordingly, than to try and convince someone to join my venture.