How would you increase your site's organic CTR?

Sindhu Shivaprasad
7 replies
Hi PH fam, our search impressions are through the roof but, in comparison, our CTR is super weak. What would you recommend doing to get that upward tick on click-throughs?

Replies

Titles for posts/pages that are the exact question people are going to be asking in google...
Dara
@maxwellcdavis different studies, different stats. Here is where I got the 92% stat... https://strategiq.co/google-rewr... SEJ puts it at over 70%. Only Google knows the true figure. And they're not telling...
@dara_burke1 hmm interesting any links to info?
Dara
@maxwellcdavis some studies suggest google rewrites meta descriptions as high as 92% of the time...
Ana
One idea that comes to mind - richer snippets for SERP. I just googled "leave management software" and between the two results below I would click on Zoho (the rating line definitely catches the eye with golden stars): 1. Free Leave Management System and Leave Planner OfficeTimer is a 100% free Leave Management System and Leave Planner. You can manage all different types, leave policies and holiday calendars for different ... 2. Customeizable leave tracking app - Zoho Creator Still relying on spreadsheets to manage your team's leave information? Give your leave tracking process a digital touch. This application helps you process ... Rating: 4.5 · ‎116 reviews
Dara
@justana AFAIK google hasn't released data regarding rich snippets. But logic would suggest they aren't key to improving CTR IMO. The whole point of rich snippets is for Google to 'borrow' other people's content. Keeping them on the search engine and not having them click-thru. Seriously shady move on Google's part.
Dara
Google CTR all comes down to title and meta description. Copywriting. Second biggest mistake I see in marketing is letting your web dev write your title and meta description SERP copy. First biggest mistake is writing is yourself. I'm creating a simple tool to solve this issue. I'd love to have a PH'er beta test? PM me if you're interested. Position on page is the other big factor. But that is often determined, in part, by CTR.