How would you improve Product Hunt as a product manager?

Pushpak Mundre
6 replies

Replies

Nishith from True Sparrow
Ship has great potential, but it feels like it is not getting much love. :) Would be great to share a public roadmap for Ship.
Kiran Kanakadandi (yugahq.com)
@nishith_shah -- +1, Ship feels slightly left out. But tremendous potential -- I'd love to be able to market a Ship page using PH's overall horsepower within and outside PH before a launch. Imagine, even after launching a V1, Ship helping founders/PMs to validate ideas, create a discussion and when the feature is ready, one-click to launch on PH.
Michael Silber
@nishith_shah @kirank5a We have some ideas for how we might link the features in Ship the broader PH machine. This is part of a larger strategy to create more interconnectivity across the platform. Stay tuned 📡
Michael Silber
I'm curious what folks on the outside have to say, but I can kick this off. From a user feature standpoint: 1) Make it easier to find products, both new and existing 2) Personalize the experience 3) Strengthen the tools for the community 4) More kitties 😸 If we're talking about how to improve Product Hunt's business, I'm always thinking about how to improve our maker-consumer flywheel: 1) Improve retention of maker referred users — this is our growth engine 2) Create long term value beyond the launch so makers have a space to build and communicate with the early adopter community and consumers have more reasons to come visit us beyond the discovery use case 3) More interconnectivity between the features 4) Highlight all the other great content being created on PH