How would you explain your job role to a 5 year old?

Yeshaswini
60 replies
We tend to complicate everything so much - how about we simplify things and try to explain our work as we would explain it to a 5-year-old?

Replies

Miriam Dorsett
I get to do whatever I want to do. Every, day.
Jessica Gregson
We help people make better decisions.
Chandan Das
I will explain with a story
Fred Melanson
@chandan_shopify great response, storytelling is the way to go, even for adults haha
Onindo Ahmed
I'm a designer! I make the logo bigger and the world, better!
Rashmi Gupta
5 year old are already know a lot now a days..so just tell what I say to most of my family :)
Yeshaswini
@rashjbp hahaha sure I was thinking of the time back when I was 5 years old and I didn't care about most things. It's strange to see 5-year-olds acting all grown up
Veronika Vinichenko
I am a marketer and I would explain it like this - I am the fairy of your doll and many other toys, I help people learn more about different objects so that they can find the best for themselves
Adrien Agreste
I make paintings with computer, yes just like your games
Chloe Bourgeois
I am like the judge of the voice
Yeshaswini
@chloe_bourgeois Now I am intrigued, what's your profession?
Chloe Bourgeois
@yeshaswini I work in a agency, help new actors and actress / singers / writers to build their career.
Himanshi
I do everything you do in your drawing book.
Somnath Sandeep
@himanship hahaha, and also, create impact and earn money while doing that
Emily Boaile
I am the one shows you your favorite game website when you type "dressing games" on google (not exactly but fair enough)
Jack Davis
I am making a new app.
Ayush Kumar Singh
You don't you let them live happily
Eugene Hauptmann
Hm, that's a tough one, especially our DeepTech and AI projects. I'd start with this one-liner: "We are making complex thing simple"
Yeshaswini
@eugenehp That's good enough! But would be interesting to see how AI is explained to kids
Vincent Roush
I teach how to fish.
Jayson Robinson
I try and stop people doing stupid stuff (product manager).
Yeshaswini
@jayson_robinson hahaha the kid would have a great clapback to that!
Jay Ramachandran
Um, I help to put clothes on your back, make sure you're fed, have a bed to sleep on, and hope you have fun being a 5-year old.
Jeffrey
I help people buy houses using numbers
Somnath Sandeep
We help people explore and do what they love.
Somnath Sandeep
@yeshaswini hahah, and that's exactly what we do at Habbit - making great learning experiences by focusing on learning by doing, and socializing for creative, and neo-digital skills
Yeshaswini
@somnathsandeep Surely the kid's going to ask for more playtime and 0 studies if you say that haha