How we managed to stay #5 despite big fall?

Harish Kumar
11 replies
Dear Community... It was my first ever experience to launch a product from scratch on a product hunt... 1. Without Influencer 2. Without any significant presence on Twitter, Reddit, Insta 3. Without reaching out to Hunters 4. Without hiring Upvote Agencies 5. Without hiring an expensive Video Maker 6. Without sending a single email out of my CRM Tool 7. Without product launch copies get reviewed by copywriter 8. Without giving a single shoutout to my LinkedIn Network 9. Without spending a single dime on marketing 10. Without spending weeks in outreach campaigns Despite all these, we managed to stay #5 and even our upvotes, engagement quality, reviews and comments are higher than products on #3 and #4 What made the big difference...for a successful launch šŸš€ 1. With a distinctive niche product solving a complex problem 2. With a compelling description that resonates with my audience 3. With a strong Facebook Group Community around the product 4. With a 10-day posting schedule prior to launch on Product Hunt 5. With a live in-time highly engaging responses to each comment 6. With a clear call-to-action on our website and Product Hunt page 7. With a pre-launch giveaway promotion in FB communities 8. With a 100% in-product steps video without a single stock image 9. With solid resources and backup of social proof before launch 10. With a Giveaway Strategy that generates more engagement and value Hi, all for those of you, who don't know me. Iā€™m Harish, founder and maker here at CrawlQ AI: What is CrawlQ? CrawlQ is a powerful research tool that can help marketers and content strategists learn more about their audience. CrawlQ's predictive intelligence helps you learn about your target audience and their buying journey using semantic segmentation and customer journey mapping. Additionally, CrawlQ can also help you identify potential new customers and markets. Why Use CrawlQ Over Other Research Tools? There are a number of reasons to use CrawlQ over other research tools when investigating your audience. First, CrawlQ is designed specifically for this purpose ā€“ it is not general-purpose research and writing tool...its goal is to enable niche marketing, end to end customer journey mapping and helps the entire team of product design engineers, marketing and sales team on the same hook leading to greater conversions and bottom-line revenue. Second, over the period of the last 8 months, CrawlQ has become very user-friendly and easy to use, even for those who are not familiar with research methods and tools. It's not a more complex version as it used to be in the early days of launch. Third, CrawlQ is extremely powerful and can provide a great deal of data and insight into your audience that other tools simply cannot match. Finally, CrawlQ is very affordable and represents a great value for the price. In TL: DR You can automate these 6 steps with CrawlQ 1. Figure out your target market and what needs they have that your product can address. 2. Research what other products and services are already out there that offer similar solutions. 3. Develop a content strategy and start creating valuable content that speaks to the needs of your target market. 4. Identify the channels you want to use to reach your target market and start marketing your product there. 5. Test different pricing models and find one that works best for your product and target market. 6. Keep track of how you're doing and make changes as needed in order to continue reaching your target market successfully.

Replies

Shruti Agrawal
Harish, we are proud of what you did with CrawlQ. For a product to be in the top 5, more than marketing and influencers, one should focus on building the product , constantly taking into consideration, user's feedbacks. If the product is not worthy no one will buy it. If it is, it will get the attention it needs by even word-of-mouth. Congratulations again for being in Top 5! Its only Onwards and Forwards from here!!!
Harish Kumar
@shruti_30 Thanks a lot Shruti....it was not possible without your help and support and what a dedicated and committed Product Design Engineer and Senior Developer like you on the team...You have a very detailed and micro view and at the same time you can manage product from users need...that is rare combination in a developer and product design people...you have rare qualities of a T-shaped developer-cum product person who shows brilliant skills to deliver quality...I feel that this skill is super important for this success so far.
Harish Kumar
Our product page is still getting traction and you are invited to take a look what is possible with CrawlQ https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Abhishek S Chauhan
Awesome...You guys did very well. It must be a very proud moment for the founder and the whole team.
Harish Kumar
@essentials_by_encase definitely a proud moment of what we achieved without much external help and support.
Samir Moussa
Well done! I've seen some products hit high rankings with paid upvotes ā€” something that's not fair IMO. Agree on nailing the prep work though.
Harish Kumar
@samir_moussa thanks for your comment ...many so called "Product Hunt Marketing Agency" owners approached to me with a guaranteed #1 spot and invoice afterwards (almost $3k)...which I think everyone wants to do...given the incentive...I refused that offer...also another hunter and influencer asked $10...I think Product Hunt should be aware of it.... On the other hand, you can imagine that whatever algorithm you make people will find the way to manipulate it...that is why huge SEO industry exists. There is Goodhart's law introduced to me by one of our developer @dimitris where if we make one KPI and everyone wants to measure and follow that, than that KPI is not good. (Except of course money and happiness).
Paul VanZandt
Thanks for sharing Harish. We're looking to launch soon and I appreciate the tips! What kind of groups did you look into on Facebook to create dependable support?
Harish Kumar
@paul_vanzandt I would recommend to create your own Group that you own and do not depend on others...it could be Facebook Group, Discord or the channel where your potential audience are more likely to be present.