How we got 800+ new users thanks to the Product Hunt launch

Julia Doronina
49 replies
Unique situation! The launch on Product Hunt gave us a generally good result, about 700 visits to the site and 90 registrations. We, of course, have heard stories that sometimes a launch on this site is converted into something more only after a while, but we couldn't believe our eyes right away. Almost exactly 3 weeks after the launch, we had a sharp jump in new users on the site, and more importantly, in new users of the system. One day brought us about 400 additional visits and 100 registrations. But then the situation escalated, users' flow became even more powerful, and in five days, we had 3k+ new visits to the site and 700+ registrations with a trial subscription. We began to look for the source of the boom and found it in Telegram. One widespread Telegram channel about IT made a post about us, then their post was reposted by another 35 media. Analyzing the text of their announcement, we understood that this was a copy-paste of our description from our PH launch page. So the total result, thanks to the Product Hunt launch, is 800+ new subscribers!

Replies

Anna Kuzma
great experience! Thanks for sharing!
Alexey Shashkov
That's really cool! Congrats!
Shitiz Dogra
Awesome news! Could you share the link to the Telegram Channel that spread it please?
Julia Doronina
@djogy I can, but they are in Russian 😅 Do you need?
Julia Doronina
@anna_mandziuk the most popular of them: guide_it, whackdoor, exploitex
Dawn Veltri
Love this! Thanks for sharing your story.
Shashank
Persistence and Luck are a great combo.
Bertha Kgokong
That is amazing, I do hear a lot of success stories with Product Hunt and I am preparing for a launch of my own product and hoping for the best. Congratulations on your product and successful launch 👏🏽 👏🏽 👏🏽
Julia Doronina
@berthakgokong We re-launched today with the new concept of LeaksID 2.0. Could you support us please?
Julia Doronina
@jacquelinclem We re-launched today with the new concept of LeaksID 2.0. Could you support us please!
Joanna Radecka
Well done! I've been following this launch, you did amazing job, congrats!
Julia Doronina
@joanna_radecka We re-launched today with the new concept of LeaksID 2.0. I will be grateful for your support!
Julia Doronina
@ambika_mukherjee1 We re-launched today with the new concept of LeaksID 2.0. I will be grateful for your support!
Margarita Shvetsova
Fantastic results Julia! Another example that proves one should do their best for the PH launch, and afterwards no one knows what channels will bring a bunch of new users, but the PH launch can definitely spark it. We are also preparing our launch, and your story is inspiring!
Julia Doronina
@margarita_s88 Yes, you are absolutely right! Good luck with your launch!
Julia Doronina
@margarita_s88 We re-launched today with the new concept of LeaksID 2.0. I will be grateful for your support!
Abhinav Unnam
These are some of the ways to go about building this distribution. In the early days, it’s better to brute force things and doing organic reach. This helps in figuring out what works and also keep an eye on product-market fit. Quora/Reddit/Online Forums: Great place to build reputation using answers and deep dives. Since you end up answering specific questions, the user traffic is high quality. Important to provide value and maybe don’t even share a link. Just have a product link on the user profile and if the answer is well done, people will show up. Reddit Question Twitter/FB: These two are simpler in the sense that, they need a more high volume but probably light touch content. The traffic will be more but not necessarily the correct fit. Twitter Analytics Youtube/Blogs: Evangelising part of the equation. This could be self-owned as well as borrowed through partnerships and deals with others. Very useful for deep tech products which need good explanation and context for people to get. Influencer marketing done right can be a huge moat. Google/FB Ads: The default way to reach people is to just go after and buy traffic using Ads. But to be done right, this needs a lot more homework. Very easy to burn money without knowing what you are doing. Start small and with a defined CPC to keep tight control and then slowly increase it. Email Marketing: Highly effective but a slow process. Emphasises the need to have the emails of your potential customers. Given Amazon SES and other tools, incredibly cheap as well. The big challenge with reputation management. Take time to build the base up Great way to engage the first 1000 customers Engineering for Marketing Simple tool or interesting one-pager which solves a simple problem or has something which intrigues users and gets them to register/signup. Webinars: Talk about the problems being solved and also those adjacent to your target audience. Helps build a feedback channel as well also understand the customer language well. Live webinars are an outstanding way to build a strong personal and emotional connection with the brand.
Max Russell
that's incredible! Congrats!
Julia Doronina
@themaxrussell We re-launched today with the new concept of LeaksID 2.0. I will be grateful for your support and comments!
Maryann Superlano
Congratulations! Hope you get even more👏
Julia Doronina
@maryann_superlano We re-launched today with the new concept with LeaksID 2.0. I will be grateful for your support!
Arda Helvacılar
Oh, a brilliant story and example. I wonder, how did you manage to track the source into a Telegram group?
Julia Doronina
@helvacilar I found a special online tracker for Telegram mentions :)
Julia Doronina
@helvacilar We decided to re-launche LeaksID today with the new concept of LeaksID 2.0. I will be grateful for your support!
Mokus Green
Wow, that's good news. Can you help a beginner like me?
Andre Kay
That's awesome!
Devanand Premkumar
Congratulations on your 800+ new users. Nice an achievement on your Product Hunt launch.
Julia Doronina
@devaonbreaches thank you! We re-launched today with the new concept of LeaksID 2.0. I will be grateful for your support!
Rucha Joshi
That's awesome! Congratulations :)
Ege Yalçınkaya
Congratulations on your launch Julia and thanks for sharing your story. I'll be also launching on PH next week. Do you have any recommendations on the launch to get this kind of outcome? My last launches didn't go well that much as I expected.
Julia Doronina
@egeyalcinkaya Thank you! Our recommendation is to gain a community and make a cool product :) We re-launched today with the new concept of LeaksID 2.0. I will be grateful for your support!