How to set up a B2B sales pipeline in the US effectively?

Daniel Lee
4 replies
My seed investor in Korea tells me, "That's what Y Combinator does the best. They take a whole team from here and would teach you to set up the whole package of a sales team in the states. And, it's extremely expensive." In Korea, B2B sales mean lots of alcohol for at least three months up to two years to have a full contract. SaaS for business isn't cultivated here yet. I feel stuck in the middle between Korea and the US.

Replies

Anna Kuzma
that's a cool experience))) but one question... how did you establish the business connections during the covid times then?
Daniel Lee
@kuzmanna Meeting someone wasn't too restricted as long as people followed the national policy. In my case (I don't drink much in general), I approached online communities -- from there I cold-called some companies for partnership. But, the salesman/prospect partners told me their jobs and efficiency rate. I also interviewed CEOs at similar industries to get some hints. What they shared was similar - lots of drinking and discounts, and multi-year contract instead of month-to-month subscription. Our early biz customers come by words via introductions. Because our BM is touching the network infrastructure, it's little more challenging to convince to switch or upgrade their Internet infra.
Anna Kuzma
@empo that's very interesting to read about your experience and cultural difference. Thanks a lot for sharing it. In my company we don't have a sales team at the moment at all. The truth is that we failed to organize an effective cold sales pipeline, and decided to focus on inbound marketing instead. We aimed at providing high quality customer support, improving onboarding, and providing personalized customer service. As a result the amount of contracts is not high, but we managed to get world-known Enterprise companies among our clients.
Joanna Kurylo
Depends, what are you selling?