How to reduce your carbon footprint?🌱

Caroline Schneider
11 replies
We all know how big the topics climate change and sustainability are these days - and rightly so! That’s why I would like to know from you: What measures are you taking to reduce your carbon footprint?🤔

Replies

Caroline Schneider
@jorcus True! You definitely reduce your carbon footprint if you don't have to commute to work every day. What are takes on remote work? Do you think it's the future?
Caroline Schneider
As sustainability is very important to us, we identified these easy, day-to-day measures that help you to reduce your carbon digital footprint: 👉Internet surfing: ✅Use eco-friendly search engines like Ecosia.org ✅Do limited searches: perform your searches within a relevant website rather than on the entire web ✅Use Favourites or History instead of searches 👉E-mails: ✅Send links instead of attachments ✅Clean up your mailbox regularly ✅Send big attachments through file transfer platforms ✅Unsubscribe from commercial distribution lists or newsletters that you don’t need 👉Data traffic and storage: ✅Clean up the data you choose to save regularly ✅Store big files on external hard drives instead of the Cloud ✅Deactivate automatic download from apps such as WhatsApp 👉Videos: ✅When streaming, use Wi-Fi instead of 4G ✅Avoid viewing in HD  ✅Favour audio files over videos ✅Or simply try to cut down on streaming and online gaming 👉Hardware: ✅Prolong the life of your devices  ✅Turn off your computer when you leave ✅Set your computer to go into sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity ✅Switch off your Wi-Fi when you’re not at home 👉Work: ✅Avoid duplication of files saved in different systems ✅Delete documents when they are not useful anymore ✅Eco-design digital services with the help of GreenFrame! https://greenframe.io/ I hope you found these tips useful. Are there any additional measures you are already taking?
Bogomil Shopov - Бого
I think you are posting the same question a few times in different threads. This is not green :)
Caroline Schneider
@bogomep Hey Bogomil! I am passionate about this topic and I am trying to make as many people as possible aware of the issue.
Elena Cirera
The golden rule of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle can help reduce carbon footprints.
Caroline Schneider
@elena_cirera Very true Elena! Is that something you are also doing at your workplace?
Elena Cirera
@caroline_schneider Yes, we always try to reduce carbon footprints at our workplace. We have minimized the use of printers and recorded most of the data electronically. We always consider our environment in the workplace.
Caroline Schneider
@elena_cirera That's amazing! I hope that more and more companies follow your example😌
Peter Groft
Move Your Money To Make A Difference. Eat more plant foods and fewer animal foods. Try other modes of transport. Switch to a low-carbon energy provider. Reduce, reuse, and recycle to waste less. Rethink your fashion choices. Choose energy-efficient appliances. Travel less or travel wisely. Hope This Helps, Peter
Sabine Ruest
How to limit your carbon footprint? 1. Consume local and seasonal products (forget strawberries in winter) 2. Limit meat consumption, especially beef. 3. Select fish from sustainable fishing. 4. Bring reusable shopping bags and avoid products with excessive plastic packaging. 5. Make sure to buy only what you need, to avoid waste.