How to Market Research?

Waren Gonzaga
5 replies
I'm struggling on doing this I don't know what tools to use and what are the things I need. I did a research on google but the process is literal you just need to google the market size and what's next? I want to do a correct or professional way of doing market research of my start-up company that provides healthcare solutions.

Replies

Jing Hu
Hi @warengonzaga What about survey? If this is a B2C product you are building, survey is a good way of sampling from your target population, see how much of them are interested in your product and then you can multiply the result proportionally.
Waren Gonzaga
@jinghu alright thanks for the tip! This would be helpful for me and my start-up.
Waren Gonzaga
@jinghu Hi thanks for the answer, how about B2B? Do I need to do the same thing?
Jing Hu
@warengonzaga Sorry, I've been mostly B2C product manager. At the moment I try to do some B2B2C, but what I do is try to connect and talk to people and gather feedback... it's a lot longer process than B2C. On the bright side, you just need a few people to say yes to get you some good rev. I think you should be able to find someone good at B2B sales process here. Good luck :)
Dwayne Charrington
Hi Waren, Even with B2B market research, you can use surveys or personal interviews. As @jinghu mentioned, they both are effective ways to easily collect information about your target audience for the required sample size. I have been working with B2B SaaS-based products for three years, and we use surveys as one of the primary mediums to target the desired audience. If you have a website, you can add small market research surveys on different web pages. In addition, you can use email surveys to collect feedback from existing clients. You will get a more refined data set since the insights would come from both your verified clients and potential prospects. Various survey tools such as @qualaroo (we use it), Qualtrics, and Typeform provide features like multi-channel deployment, advanced audience targeting, and more for market research. Hope this helps.