How to manage stress at the workplace?

Elena Cirera
40 replies

Replies

Keeping yourself organized can also mean avoiding stress, and being more efficient with your work. One way to stay organized is by using tools that keep you on tasks, such as a planner or an electronic organizer. With these tools, you can increase efficiency with your work and eliminate some of the negative effects of clutter, which includes decreasing anxiety and improving self-esteem, which leads to higher quality work.
Silvi Hambardzumyan
@hamza_afzal_butt I always use planners and write my to-do list, it helps me to be focused and to the point.
Rukhsar Amjad
Many people suffer from the negative physical, mental, and emotional effects of a sedentary lifestyle, which may lead to a stressful mind but it is possible to combat these negative effects by exercising for twenty minutes a day during your lunch break, by listening mood uplifting music or by make your morning good etc.
Tytti Sandström
By using your calendar. Plan your days and weeks ahead and you shouldn't feel stressed, because you know everything is under control :)
Mohammad Mohiuddin
Start your day on a positive note. Exercise regularly, eat healthy food and create a checklist of your day's tasks. Prioritize tasks on the basis of urgency and importance. Take frequent short breaks to refresh your mind and body. Do not work for long hours as it will reduce your productivity at work. Get enough sleep, relax before going to bed and avoid using electronic gadgets 2 hrs before sleeping. Don't get bogged down by small problems at work. Work with a smile!
Hussain Effendi
I do a little bit of reading, listen to some music in my downtime and if things get really stressful a breath of fresh air can go a long long way
Daniel Illenberger
I recently finished a book called "Getting Things Done" by David Allen. My number one takeaway was that you can reduce stress and improve efficiency by build processes that remove the need to remember. Stress can be caused by keeping too many tasks stored in memory, making you always wonder what you are forgetting and requiring you to continually think about work tasks when your not working so you don't forget them, causing you to never really get away from your work at all. An organization process that makes it impossible to miss needed tasks can help immensely. It's a short book and worth a read if you think this could be your problem.
Launching soon!
Taking one step at a time. Multi-tasking is a good way to be productive. However, during stress, take every task in on the basis of priority, one by one.
Patricia
Better day to day management of projects !! I think a huge part of stress comes from the feeling of useless days, so you're constantly stressing on not putting the energy on what matters, and not progressing on long term goals. One productivity matrix I love is the MoSoW. Each day you should do at least 1 thing you Must do >> urgent stuff 1 thing you Should do >> non urgent but important for development 1 thing you Want to do >> something you enjoy Do this for a full week and you'll see stress go Down down Down down dooooown 🎶
Tom Wilson
This should be top down from management however if you're looking after your own self: 1.exercising frequently, 2. moderating coffee and sugar intake, and 3. practicing a bit of daily self reflection (meditation, etc)
Mikhail Ivanenko
Plan in advance even small tasks. After some task is completed, check the box - observing the progress "real time" will increase dopamine. Focusing on a process and enjoying it instead of focusing on a result - again to avoid the dopamine crush. And to do a bit of sport regularly.
Silvi Hambardzumyan
By eat a lot of sweets and having fun with colleagues. I think that playing games together (like boardgames, playstation, etc) reduces stress level and increases friendship level, which helps you feel more secure and relaxed. Also, keeping your work schedule organize helps you to track your to-do list and get it done.
Daria
I think that appropriate planning (setting goals and schedule) and taking breaks are important. What is more, finding work-life balance is necessary as it is impossible to stay mentally healthy working 24/7.
Daria
@hamza_afzal collect all the tasks in one place, have productive breaks (like a quick workout or take a short walk), turn off notifications and reward myself for progress
Anastasiia Holiachenko 🇺🇦
In case there is a bunch of big tasks. Decompose them and make a plan/schedule with smaller tasks. Ask for help if it is possible. The collective mind works perfectly at our company. Something went wrong, and there is no fire on prod: relax, take a break and think about the situation from different perspectives. 1-1 can help with that a lot.
Enola VEDOVOTTO
I think we have to listen to each other and understand where the trigger for this stress at work comes from in the first place. And above all communicate with his team.
Yohan Ubey
Listening to music helps and having an organized to do list on the mind makes the stress less. Most cases talking to a co-worker about a non-work related matters helps too.
Caroline
Schedule your tasks in advance, be result-oriented and take breaks occasionally.
Cotton
Depending on the source of your stress, there will be different ways to manage. I think the most important thing is to always identify the problem first. For example I personally get stressed when I’m overwhelmed or have too much uncertainties to navigate through. What I often do is set a clear weekly focus and a maximum of 3 top priority tasks per day. As long as I’m on track with the most important things, everything else will find its way to fall into place. The key is to have manageable and practical goals :)
Ali Muhammad
To reduce stress and improve efficiency, David Allen outlines the process of creating checklists, storing reminders in trusted places, and eliminating distractions.
Emma Foster
Many people are overwhelmed by stress when they fail to manage several uncertainties at once. I like to organize my time so that I can focus on three top priorities daily, with one weekly priority. Often, I find that if I am on track with my top priorities, the rest will fall into place. By setting goals and following through with actionable steps, we can achieve all that we hope for in life.