How to make your workspace more productive?

Elena Cirera
22 replies

Replies

Hedieh Safiyari
I find that motivating your team is equally as important as having no physical distractions. An unmotivated team leads them to be distracted in their heads, as they begin thinking of other things to do.
Elena Cirera
@prompthealth High-level employee motivation impacts employee productivity by stimulating the production of better and higher quantity work. A motivated employee is more likely to have high job satisfaction and improved productivity.
Rukhsar Amjad
If you can manage, give yourself more than one space to work from. Putting yourself in a new space with different qualities and things to look at quite literally shifts your brain and helps you stay focused.
If you’ve ever sat at a desk to do work but found yourself adjusting, stretching and moving too often to stay focused, then you’re aware of the importance of having a correctly fitted table and chair. In my mind, I can say one's sitting arrangement will cost his workers productivity.
Andrii Kpyto
Just published connected to this topic article in our blog: https://www.sembly.ai/blog/ten-w... Nice to see that advice is similar :)
Irina Heinz
Order on my desk, silence (when coworkers aren't talking around), and focus apps like Hatch and Plantie help a lot!
Hamza Afzal
In my opinion, one of the cheapest but most effective way to enhance productivity is the Lighting of the workspace, it is one of the most important factors in staying focused and feeling inspired to create, yet it’s one of the most overlooked and least invested factor as well.
Nauman Khalid
Appreciation on good work, monthly bonus on good work, comfortable sitting arrangement and good lighting in workspace upgraded and fast tools etc, are the mandatory factors to improve for good outcomes
Launching soon!
For me, a productive workspace is where I don't have to get up from my seat often (without my choice). To list a few things from the top of my head, a place with the following traits is a great fit for me: - Minimum distractions and disturbance from the surrounding - Maximum number of accessible power sockets - Excellent internet connectivity - Comfortable furniture and setting * And most importantly, a corner space - because I prefer to work with some privacy.
Elena Cirera
@saqib301 It is proven through many studies that distraction is one of the primary reasons for reducing employees' productivity. I agree with you that minimum distraction improves employee productivity, so is a comfortable office environment.
Hussain Effendi
Our workspace is pretty fun and involves a lot of brainstorming. That by itself triggers a lot of interest and motivates so much productivity. But i guess this would not be as useful to formal office spaces and other work cultures
Hussain Effendi
@elena_cirera hahaha, we do definitely try keeping the team engaged and more importantly keeping the team wanting to come back to work :)
Allenora James
Hey! To make your workspace more productive, it should be attractive! Your workspace should decorated as per your choice so that whenever you go you feel a breath of fresh air and it shouldn't just feel like an obligation. Since I have to write and upload blogs all day hence I spend almost 10 hours at my workspace.
Katie
Productivity, to the most extent, is driven by the physical and mental state of the performer. Anything that makes one feel more energetic and motivated towards the task would improve productivity. How? - Provide a bright, happy place to work with good sitting/standing desk arrangement - Make sure that the performer feels the task at hand is valued and whatever he/she is doing is making a difference. Verbal appreciation/rewards/talking about the impact of the work are a few tricks that always work wonders! And have the option for employees to set some "Do not disturb" hours as the opportunity to try focus work.
Jessie
Empower your team.
Alper Özbay
I usually like to work by taking breaks. When I stay in front of the computer for hours, I feel pain all over. So I usually get up every 15 or 20 minutes to get up and drink water and walk around the house a bit. I also drink some high-caffeinated coffee. This keeps me fit all the time.
Sri Gokul Krishnan.
One work at a time. Helps, workers stay focused. Multitasking kills productivity.
Jared Cornell
As a customer service professional, I constantly interact with customers over email, live chat, or the phone. I avoid a workspace that is around any loud area or recreational room. Besides that, we use a tool called ProProfs Help Desk (www.proprofsdesk.com) to monitor our daily, weekly, and monthly customer service productivity. I hope this helps, good luck!