How to identify the best buyer persona for Pre-Product start ups

Ludovico Petrali
4 replies
Hello friends, one big topic that we are defining right now pre launch is the Go-to-mkt plan. Situation: We will be selling a software to content apps with a subscription model to improve their organic acquisition metrics. The SDK will have to be implemented by the product/tech team, however the product will be beneficiary especially for the marketing/growth team. Whose the best buyer persona/decision maker? CPO or CMO? Thanks for your help!

Replies

Jokūbas Lapė
Truth is, it really depends on more variables, such as stage of the customer company, structure of their organization. You can't really know for sure until you directly contact them - and that's what I would recommend doing. Talk with them as much as you can and the personna will start to crystalize
Ludovico Petrali
@jokubas_lape Thanks.. I agree, especially when you still have to build your user base its better to go on quantity and refine later. However with such a level of competition in the mkt and busy roadmaps for clients, it is crucial to have a defined value prop - the way you speak to product people its different to how you speak to marketing people.... That's why, yes I agree but I am just worried of ending up with a mixed communication strategy that targets both badly and none effectively
Jokūbas Lapė
@ludovico_petrali Well, you might just need to craft a few quick messages that either target one or other, test them out on a few cases and you will get the sense of it I think. A rule of thumb I read somewhere that I find to really work is after you speak to around ~8 clients of one type, you have already heard about 80% you will get and after that it mostly repeats itself