How to generate traffic for web apps?

Bruno Quaresma
9 replies
Hello, I recently released tweetpik.com and it is having a decent amount of traffic but I would like to know how can I increase it. I already publish it here - #2 of the day 👏, Reddit - I only get one post approved :( and Twitter - but I don't have a decent amount of followers. I thought on share it on hacker news but I don't know if it is a good place for that. Thoughts?

Replies

sulyman moyo
One thing you can do is to "hack" twitter. Like play on hashtags and use them to drive traffic to your site. Advice using CAPS LOCK so it would standout and a media if possible
NeadReport
@repreneur Visuals, yes. CAPS LOCK SO EVERYONE WILL SEE YOU SHOUT AT THEM, big no.
Chris [squawk-market.com]
@repreneur Really? I would expect something like this could seem a bit spammy... I guess it's worth a shot, I don't really have anything to lose :)
sulyman moyo
@galt_ You will use the Hashtags in context, your kind of product will fit in most times, especially around memes
@repreneur ok, memes I can always fit into :)
Hi @bruno__quaresma - I had the same experience recently with reddit - lots of my posts were taken down due to 'self-promotion', even though I have a free tier. Anyway, a few ways are through Crunchbase - you could try to get some sort of press release and then link it to your company there (Crunchbase doesn't seem to support specific products alone) another way, perhaps considered 'old fashioned' is just through your company's page on linked in. You can add specific products there. Sorry I don't have more info, I'm also rather new to what's available for marketing in 2021.
NeadReport
Set up a Discord server? This would really allow you as a Dev and those you work with to interact in real-time with users. The ability to segment topics so members can 'hang out' under specific categories drives engagement (and word-of-mouth.) It's also a great support mechanism for those with questions, or users with feature requests. Go have a look at the Obsidian group - where I am a supporter and frequent lurker. An amazing group of helpful people and the setup of the server is bar-none. (Also, keep an eye on those page load times! I just visited your site and it took like 10 seconds to load.) Good luck! @bruno__quaresma
Eric Bae
Hi there, here's what I have done with a few of my projects. I hear lots of stories on content-based marketing. But I really don't have time to write contents. So I have created a new sub-domain for my project.. say.. news.my-project.com and I use that sub-domain on a tool called Newsy (https://www.newsy.co) in which I can collect lots of publicly available contents based on niche keywords that I choose and display them as a content aggregator site (similar to Reddit). And on each article, I add a widget to display a banner link back to my main project. I know that sounds rather long-winded, but this solution largely automates what I have been wanting to do and also helps me monitor the relevant contents coming through. Happy to discuss if you have any questions!