How to fight procrastination and be more efficient as self-employed

Sarah Jordi
11 replies
Hi all, I've been self-employed since December and while I absolutely enjoy it, I struggle a bit with managing my time efficiently. Mainly because I seem to be quite prone to distractions – especially regarding my phone. I need to use my phone and several apps on it a lot for work, but I realize, that I often pick it up for work-related tasks and end up doom-scrolling and wasting time. Has anyone found some approaches and strategies to fight this? One thing that has already helped me so far, is using Zario. An app that helps change habits to reduce unwanted screen time (the founders are live on Product Hunt today: www.producthunt.com/posts/zario-..., so check it out if you're interested in the topic 😊). But how are other freelancers managing their time and avoiding getting stuck on the phone, wasting time?

Replies

Allay
Boxing is a combat sport in which two people, usually wearing protective gloves and other protective equipment such as hand wraps and mouth guards, throw punches at each other for a predetermined amount of time in a boxing ring. ā¸‚āšˆā¸˛ā¸§ā¸Ąā¸§ā¸ĸ
killian Fjellbakk
Thanks for sharing your experience with Zario :)
Paul VanZandt
I definitely struggle with the same thing, and I find that time blocking my days and doing task management helps me keep something in from of me at all times. I lose the most efficiency when I feel lost. If you're interested, we just launched today and would love your support: www.producthunt.com/posts/fresco-3
Wiktoria Jaszcza
"Has anyone found some approaches and strategies to fight this?" A tiny thing, but it kind of works for me :) I turned my phone black&white. It looks grim and reminds me to spend less time with it.
Wiktoria Jaszcza
@janinah And what was the result? :)
Janinah
@w_j I found it too ugly, so stopped doing it 😅 Plus, I'm much better now at spending less time on my phone anyway
Maya Ben Zid
"A few things I'd recommend would be: - Creating a routine you can follow. It shouldn't be a transition from an unproductive version of you to the productivity-obssessed robots, just bits and pieces of order. - Think of rituals that make work enjoyable to you - I work best when my favorite musicians put out new releases. - Keep a steady work/life balance: if you are self-employed and work from home, it can easily slip through the crack. "
Maya Ben Zid
Slowing down and taking some time to reflect. When I felt really lost and confused, I decided to dedicate more time to reading and finding answers to why I'm feeling this way. Reading on its own is extremely relaxing and has given me a lot of helpful realizations.